“Outstanding quality in an exceptional luxury hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel London St James

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #30 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Paris
“Outstanding quality in an exceptional luxury hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

For our first visit of London, we have chosen to go to a luxury hotel for one night to end our stay on a "firework". We were not disappointed. The hotel is situated in a central place (near Piccadilly Circus and Pall Mall but without any inconvenience of large cities. Rooms are very confortable with a very good bed and outstanding bathrooms (bathtub and essentai oil). No AC noise, very clean room. The only impediment was the view on the courtyard which is very quiet but not the most beautiful view.
The service is nothing more but marvellous. We were welcomed with a cocktail of pressed citrus fruit. The staff is very kind/discreet/likeable and aware of all our needs, just ask them!
Finally, the breakfast is exceptional with fresh bread, regional butter, fresh orange juice,, croissants... Something you cannot have the whole year unless you want to gain weight.

Therefore, we recommend this luxury hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the Saint James square if possible (it is not noisy since there is no...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
I thank you for such words of praise regarding our high standards of service. We do our utmost to please our guests and to exceed their expectations. I am truly glad to hear that we have achieved our aim.

Thank you also for pointing out our "exceptional breakfast". Indeed we proud ourselves in offering only the freshiest products on the market.

We then look forward to welcoming you back for many other visits to London.

Denis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Sofitel London St. James and we didn't want to leave! This hotel exceeded our expectations and we have stayed at other 5-star hotels all over the world.

Besides its prime location in the center of London, the hotel's staff members are all friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick and efficient and our room on the 5th floor met my requests. Although the room faced an office building, we did not mind. The room was spacious, tastefully decorated, and included all of the expected amenities. Of special note is the Sofitel "My Bed", which was SO comfortable! The bathroom was clean and functional and included nice touches like the non-fogging mirror.

The service was exceptional. Whenever we called for extra towels or other things, we did not have to wait longer than 10 minutes to have the items delivered to our room. And the Housekeeping staff was great. They always had our room nicely cleaned when we returned in the afternoon.

I also appreciated the complimentary in-room WiFi service as well as the computer room in the lobby with two computers for Internet use and printing. We also appreciated the speed of the hotel's 3 elevators. We never had to wait longer than 15-20 seconds for an elevator. This cannot be said for other hotels where you sometimes have to wait ages for the one functional elevator to arrive.

We will definitely return to the Sofitel St. James the next time we visit London!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
I felt truly proud of my whole team while reading your extremely positive feedback. Thank you so much for that!

We genuinely love to look after our guests and usually what comes from the heart goes to the heart. I am glad to hear that we have achieved our aim.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Au revoir,

Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Located between Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus in Westminster, you couldn't ask far a better location. Our luxury double room, the size of a mini-suite, was clean, comfortable and very well appointed. And it was so quiet that we slept like babies. Staff were very courteous and helpful. The food was excellent, and the barman was one of the best. Mr. Dupart, the Regional General Manager, came over, introduced himself and made us feel very welcome. You could sense that the very high standards we were experiencing were of his doing. We were travelling with friends who had recommended the Sofitel. We had stayed in other 5-star London hotels before, but this Sofitel has won us over. And compared to other hotels, I even found the price more than reasonable for what we got. Very well done, Mr. Dupart.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was extremely flattered to read your positive feedback. Your words of praise have made our day for the team and I! Thank you so much!

We try our utmost to meet and exceed our guests expectations and I am truly glad to hear that we have achived our aim.

We have a strong team spirit. We communicate a lot.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Service was good and friendly when checking in and location couldn't be better.

Rooms were spacious for European standards and nicely decorated.

All the five star hotels I have stayed in would have provided tooth brush and tooth paste among the toiletries without me having to ask but this was not the case here. While taking a shower I also noted that there was a strand of thread at the area where you adjusted the height of the shower head which looked like floss. That really grossed me out as well.

I was really annoyed with the water temperature when taking baths/showers. Somehow it's always too hot/cold for me.

Overall I expected a higher standard for the amount that was paid. The only thing that was faultless is probably the location.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I thank you for your feedback.

I am truly sorry for the trouble caused regarding your bathroom issues. Please note that this is not a reflexion of our high standard of service.

I hope to welcome you back at Sofitel London St James.

With my best regards.

Denis Dupart
Sofitel London St James.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Fabulous- Staff, Location & Room!
Heavenly Bed and pillows- and very comfortable room. The room was clean and inviting.
Inviting Bar- Small and intimate. Excellent service. Staff was professional and efficient yet warm and friendly - very helpful. Genuinely nice staff that went above and beyond - even if you asked a simple question.
Walking distance to so many things of interest. Chinatown, numerous theaters, restaurants and tube. Three movie theaters are also nearby. Spectacular location!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I thank you for such words of praise. You have made our day!

I thank you as well for specifying that you were most impressed by the high level of service in our St James Bar.

I look forward to your next visit.

Au revoir,

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I spent the night at this hotel in August to celebrate my daughter's 11th birthday and watch her perform on the West End (just around the corner from the hotel). Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I couldn't believe how nice the service was, and I stay probably 60 nights/year in various hotels. We were upgraded to a suite, had a birthday cake brought to the room, our bags brought downstairs the previous night for a 5am departure complete with coffee and croissant.... I provided feedback via the hotel questionnaire on a few *tiny* things that could be improved and had an immediate response from the manager. Excellent hotel, perfectly situated.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a joy for us to welcome you with your daughter and to pleasantly surprise you both.

I felt very proud of my whole team while reading your comment. Indeed we love to pamper all of our guests.

We love to indulge all of our guests and I am truly glad to hear that we have achieved our aim.

We look forward to your next visit!