“My 50th birthday --Perfect--”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #27 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was looking for an afternoon tea lounge for quite a bit and this one was a fantastic experience. The service was great and the food too. A memorable experience. Very good for kids too. Quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your Afternoon Tea experience in our Rose Lounge.

I am truly glad to hear that you were enchanted by both the service and the food.

I look forward to welcoming you for many other occasions.

Denis

Write a ReviewReviews (4,267)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from a 3 night stay at the Sofitel London Saint James. A beautiful hotel in a very central London location just off Piccadilly Circus. The standard room we were allocated was very nice but on the small side. (I assume that this is probably in line with many properties in London) Great welcome from Pedro on front Desk and overall the service experienced in the hotel was excellent. The decor of the hotel is beautiful throughout and we also loved spending some time in the bar relaxing in this hotel. The next time we return to London, I see no reason why I would not choose this hotel again. Thanks again for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you so much for this very good feedback!

It was a pleasure to welcoming you at Sofitel London St James. I thank you for specifically pointing Pedro out as it serves as an encouragement to keep on providing high standards of service.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in july cos it is a couple mins walk around corner from where phantom of the opera is on. Great location. Flower displays are amazing. Staff were friendly, professional and helpful. Food and cocktails were fab in bar area. Service is excellent. Breakfast was absolutely fab and there was so much variety one of the best I have had in a hotel. Decor is fab too. Rooms are large and decorated nicely. Bathroom was amazing! But bed was the best bed I ever slept in was like sleeping on clouds. It was very expensive to stay there only downside. Also they allowed a late check out for free at 1pm on Sundays. They left a lovely note in my room the evening before to let me know. Your bed is turned down and slippers and dressing gown left out for you. Would definitely stay again. In fact I can't wait. Doorman was also very good and friendly which was much appreciated. He creates the first impression of hotel so hotel should be proud. My friends also joined me one morning for breakfast and it relatively cheap considering status of hotel and how amazing it is so if you can't afford to stay here you should definitely try sample their breakfasts lunch or dinner or their cocktails!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for this great feedback! I felt very proud of my whole team while reading your lines with such words of praise.

We try our utmost to always exceed our guests expectations. I am glad to hear that we have achieved our aim.

I look forward to many other visits of yours.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We are staying on average one month every year in this hotel to visit family and enjoy the cultural offerings of London.
The Sofitel St.James has become our home from home because as a small luxury hotel it offers personal attention to its guest we seldom found elsewhere.Its location in a former bank building is unique: most westend theaters can be walked to,Trafalgar square and Piccadilly Circus are just a few hundred meters away with the National Gallery,the Royal Acadamey of Art and numerous cinemas also reachable within minutes.The Restaurant of the hotel is an oasis of pease offering good french and english food at reasonable prices.
All this coupled with caring personalized service and comfortable rooms at an affordable cost makes this hotel our first choice in London.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gottschmitt
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I am extremely thankful for such wonderful a feedback!

Our aim is indeed to do our utmost to have our guests feel at home away from home.

I thank you to have mentioned our attention to details in our high standards of service as well as the warmth you were provided. We love to look after our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is very good.
The rooms are very nicely decorated and are warm and welcoming.
The bed is soft and confortable. the service was excellent, i had forgotten my phone charger and the concierge offer to charge my phone during the night.
The bar is nice and classy. Breakfast was pretty good.
check in and check out was both professional and quick.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank adrien v

I thank you for letting us know about the great experience you have had at Sofitel London St James.

It is always a joy for me to hear guests satisfied with our high standards of service.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay in this hotel.

First the staff: They were very helpful. We checked in at the front desk, and then our front desk attendant escorted us up to our room. What a nice touch! Over the course of our stay the bell staff and other hotel staff were also very helpful.

Our Superior Queen room was ample in size, very clean, and well-appointed. We did not have a great view, but that was not a big issue for us.

The hotel is very well located, near Picadilly Circus in one direction and walking distance to Westminster Abby and Parliament in the other.

We really enjoyed high tea one afternoon in the library/parlor/tea room. We ate only one meal in the hotel restaurant due to scheduling and business commitments. While it seemed pretty expensive, we probably would have eaten there more if not for our other obligations.

The bar/lounge seemed to do a pretty brisk business throughout the days and evenings, and not just with hotel guests.

Although not cheap, this hotel has a very high level of service and offers a great value all around.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting this excellent feedback.

We are proud to have implemented a French English atmosphere in the hotel. Therefore the Afternoon Tea in The Rose Lounge is an exquisite moment.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

A bientôt,

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay, the room was clean and pretty. Fantastic bed. Friendly staff, always helpful. Perfect location, close to major sites in London. A short walk to picadelly Circus station
The breakfast was very good, however a bit expensive. 50£ for two..
We will definitaly use this hotel next time we are in London.

I thank you for this positive feedback where you point out our high standards of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our centrally located Sofitel London St James.

A bientôt,