“Wonderful Christmas in magnificent hotel”

Ranked #27 of 1,069 Hotels in London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Sofitel St James is in a great location, just at the end of Regent St. My Wife & I had afternoon tea in the Rose Lounge. The service was excellent. You can choose from a number of different teas from the menu. I stared with a champagne cocktail which was very refreshing. Good choice of sandwiches, lovely fresh scones with clotted cream, jam and lemon curd! Then you have a choice of cakes from the cake trolley. We were not rushed and the cost is very good value compared to other 5* hotels in London. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuperDonkey
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Deare Sir,

I am truly glad to hear that you and your wife have very much enjoyed our Champagne Afternoon Tea. We love to indulge our guests with warm standards of service.

We look forward to your next visit. Next time please pay a visit to our St James Bar. The atmosphere is amazing, very cozy.

Au revoir,
Denis.
Zürich
Reviewed 25 December 2013

You can actually not dream of a better combination of ideal location (totally central near Piccadilly Circus), superb building (it was a former bank and the spa is located where the safes were!), and absolutely stunning friendly staff.
I spent the weekend there and wished I could get a room rental for the year! I would recommend the rooms not facing the street and rather on the 6th floor so you are sure to sleep like a baby, far away from all the noise. I would also recommend some treatment (deep tissue massage) at the spa, followed by a tea in the relaxing room. Especially nice on a rainy day! The rooms superior are small (but decent size for London) and well decorated.

Room Tip: go to the 6th floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveldine1
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!

I am thrilled to hear that we are the "best hotel in London"! Indeed we genuinely love to indulge all of our guests.

I thank you also for recommending our So-SPA.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Au revoir,
Denis
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I really like Sofitel Hotels - there is something really elegant about the way they provide customers service - from check in to room service, you always know they have the guest in mind.

The location of the St James could not be beat - right off of Picadilly Circus and very close to the Underground station - was very convenient for both work and pleasure.

The rooms were great - especially the bathroom, which by European hotel standards, was massive!

The one thing I did not understand was the gym, they had this very strange "sensory depravation" pod set up and it was behind a curtain in a separate room in the gym, I could not help but try it, however I just could not figure it out - never saw anything like this in any other place I have stayed!

The hotel was pricy, but for the location and the service, it could not be beat! Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe W
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoy Sofitel hotels and especially Sofitel London St James. Indeed we genuinely love to indulge all of our guests.

The device you are talking about in your positive feedback is called the Sha chair. It is the ultimate relaxation chair. It takes some minutes to turn on but please do not hesitate to try it on your next visit. You will love it!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was visiting on a business trip, and I had a great stay, the hotel was close to most things and the rooms and staff were great, I will definitely return hopefully next time it will be for leisure and not business.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
D_Dupart, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
I thank you for mentioning your "great" stay at Sofitel London St James.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon either for business or leisure purposes.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Sofitel St James's and I just love it. the staff are excellent rooms are well appointed and spotlessly clean. We decided to have cocktails and dinner in the hotel( delicious) Continental breakfast in the room was, I thought, a little expensive....but it was just perfect. looking forward to my next visit - they do just get it right. My daughter said her bed was ' like a cloud '.
I

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

I am truly glad to hear that you and your family have loved to stay at Sofitel London St James. This is our utmost reward.

We look forward to your thrid and many more other visits.