4,485 results
All reviewspiccadilly circuspall mallrose loungehermes toiletriesluxury roombuckingham palacenational galleryjames parkregent streetroom servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationturn down serviceafternoon teawest endfive star hoteljunior suite
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Lovely rooms with comfortable beds and beautiful bathrooms. We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant which was delicious. Be sure to have a cocktail at the bar. All the receptionists were wonderful. Location is perfect. It was my sister's birthday during our stay and the cake that we were given was one of the best cakes either of us had eaten! I've wanted to stay in this hotel for years and it was definitely worth the wait. Highly recommend the hotel for a luxurious stay in London.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for this positive feedback!

Thank you for encouraging people to go to our St James Bar as indeed we are really passionate about what we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many other occasions.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

On arrival the hotel is beautiful and the staff are efficient and friendly.
But the room is hot and stuffy, despite having the air con on the lowest setting and opening the only part of the window that opens.
We went to bed as normal but by 1.30am we are both awake as the room is simply too hot.
There is a heated towel rail in the bathroom which is constantly on with no switch to turn off making the bathroom unbearably hot.
I phoned reception at 1.45pm to see if there is anything they can do about the temperature of the room, and they said they had turned it down from 22 degrees to 18 and we should feel the difference in 30 mins.
At 3pm we are still awake and the room temperature is no better, I phoned down to reception but there is no answer.
I bought my partner here as a birthday present and it's really disappointing not to be able to sleep because the room is too hot. I stayed in a Premier Inn during the week for a conference and got a 100% good sleep.
Whilst the hotel is 5* if you can't sleep what's the point!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Superior Room and the climate control is terrible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather F

Dear guests,

I thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your room was way too hot for you at 18°C and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

On the other hand I am extremely pleased to hear that Sofitel London St James is a beautiful hotel with efficient and friendly staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Another excellent example of the Sofitel brand in an attractive conversion in the centre of London; It could hardly be more convenient for the West End.The main entrance is stylish and the greeting from the receptionist professional and encouraging. The rooms are comfortably big enough and the beds as usual very comfortable. We stayed there in December and January but on the second occasion the shower was in the bath and I always feel that for a proper five-star hotel these days one expects a walk-in shower.

The main restaurant is in the former banking hall, I think, and is an attractive place to eat although we only had breakfast.

You have to pay extra if you want a cooked breakfast which is unusual for Sofitel.

The bar area is not quite as attractive as the rest of the public rooms and the snack selection could be improved upon.

All in all I would recommend the Sofitel St James as a place to stay; I just wish the back office loyalty card program staff were as efficient as the staff in the hotel in sorting out discrepancies on my platinum loyalty card; they let down the brand as a whole.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a walk in shower.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davidofpoole

I thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you have had a very enjoyable stay in our hotel.

With regards to breakfast you have indeed 2 options at The Balcon. The first one is to have the breakfast buffet and the second one is to have A La Carte breakfast.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Reviewed 30 January 2014