4,487 results
All reviewspiccadilly circuspall mallrose loungehermes toiletriesluxury roombuckingham palacenational galleryjames parkregent streetroom servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationturn down serviceafternoon teawest endfive star hoteljunior suite
Reviewed 5 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Reviewed 4 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Lovely hotel, impeccable service. Absolutely no complaints.
Location is very convenient, a few steps from Piccadilly and Trafalgar Square.
Check-in was smooth and attentive. We got an upgrade to a deluxe room due to our Le Club status – room was spacious and very comfortable (I love MyBed!). Housekeeping was probably the best ever – they even left a note when they came one night for the turndown service and we had left the “do not disturb” button on.
We had a drink at the bar – ambiance was nice and the barman was extremely nice.
Check out was super quick and we felt a warm goodbye.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank worldtrav11
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for this wonderful feedback!

I am truly pleased to hear that we have fulfiled and exceeded your expectations in terms of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our centrally located Sofitel London St James.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Lovely rooms with comfortable beds and beautiful bathrooms. We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant which was delicious. Be sure to have a cocktail at the bar. All the receptionists were wonderful. Location is perfect. It was my sister's birthday during our stay and the cake that we were given was one of the best cakes either of us had eaten! I've wanted to stay in this hotel for years and it was definitely worth the wait. Highly recommend the hotel for a luxurious stay in London.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for this positive feedback!

Thank you for encouraging people to go to our St James Bar as indeed we are really passionate about what we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many other occasions.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

On arrival the hotel is beautiful and the staff are efficient and friendly.
But the room is hot and stuffy, despite having the air con on the lowest setting and opening the only part of the window that opens.
We went to bed as normal but by 1.30am we are both awake as the room is simply too hot.
There is a heated towel rail in the bathroom which is constantly on with no switch to turn off making the bathroom unbearably hot.
I phoned reception at 1.45pm to see if there is anything they can do about the temperature of the room, and they said they had turned it down from 22 degrees to 18 and we should feel the difference in 30 mins.
At 3pm we are still awake and the room temperature is no better, I phoned down to reception but there is no answer.
I bought my partner here as a birthday present and it's really disappointing not to be able to sleep because the room is too hot. I stayed in a Premier Inn during the week for a conference and got a 100% good sleep.
Whilst the hotel is 5* if you can't sleep what's the point!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Superior Room and the climate control is terrible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heather F

Dear guests,

I thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your room was way too hot for you at 18°C and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

On the other hand I am extremely pleased to hear that Sofitel London St James is a beautiful hotel with efficient and friendly staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back.