“Every aspect of this hotel was outstanding”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #28 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Every aspect of this hotel was outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just got back from a 4 night stay at Sofitel London St. James. I booked our room at the last minute via Hotwire, so I didn't know I would be getting the Sofitel. I was very pleasantly surprised. Even though I booked via Hotwire so obviously paid less than other guests, I was upgraded without even asking for it. The room was perfect, the location even better, and the staff were over the top. Every single one went out of their way every time I spoke to them to 'go the extra mile'. I will definitely recommend this hotel every chance I get.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicki1015
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback.

Indeed every guest is important to us and we do our utmost to have him/her spend magnificent moments at Sofitel London St James.

We look forward to many other visits of yours.

Nicolas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a fantastic hotel.

The service is outstanding and the staff are super helpful.

The hotel is in an ideal location.

Also found the rooms to be very quiet and well appointed.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg W
Our utmost reward is to hear satisfied guests therefore the whole team and I thank you for your words of praise.

We genuinely love to pamper our guests. We can't help it as we have a passion for them.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Excellent service, very friendly staff, great continental breakfast, very comfy room and bed, fantastic... I could keep going on and on about this place ..Definetely value for money for few days staying..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew B
Thank you for such positive feedback.

We love to pamper all of our guests and I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back in our centrally located Sofitel London St Jmaes.

Genoa, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hello! I would like to highlight the flagship of my recent London Vacation: The Sofitel St. James! It was honestly the best hotel I have ever stayed in, and can just talk about it in superlatives. Upon checking in, the receptionist gone out his way to help me with my difficult questions ( 20min check in, I am not a simple guest ). The concierge could nit be more helpful with the recommendations...and all was great! Never disappointing! The room was...simply amazing. Large and spacious, on the top floor (we had this privilege :)), the bathroom amenities were perfect, and gentle... I sincerely hope that I can be a part of this dream again! Anytime!

Room Tip: Choose from the top floor...you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donaper
I am truly glad to hear that Sofitel London St James is your favorite hotel! This will serve as an encouragement to the whole team to keep on providing such high standards of service.

I hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We had a one night stay at the end of Feb, to celebrate my wife's birthday. I chose the Sofitel as we'd had a great stay at the one in Montreal a few years back, once again we wernt to be disappointed.

Positives:

Excellent service, very friendly staff, great continental breakfast, very comfy room and bed, fantastic location right by Piccadilly Circus and the mall.

Negatives:

Shower screen far too small to contain the otherwise excellent and powerful shower, which left the floor rather flooded! It is expensive, though in my opinion it was worth every penny.

Overall would definitely recommend staying, ideally for more than one night!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for coming over to Sofitel London St James to celebrate your birthday. It has been a great pleasure to host and pamper you both at this occasion.

I thank you also for pointing out the "excellent" service provided to you all along your stay.

We look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Fab spot in St James. Rooms barely 5 star but comfortably adequate. Afternoon but tea seemed pricey but was lovely. We liked everyone's attitude but they were chaotic at breakfastime and prices are over the top. The Cooked breakfast on display was an embarassement.

We will stay again and have another try as the hotel seems promising generally.

• Stayed February 2014
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to hear that our staff members have fulfilled your expectations in terms of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Yes, the hotel is convenient if you need to be at the city center, but there are plenty of hotels in the neighbourhood.
We acquired two rooms and both of them were outdated and looked quite old.
Both rooms were not very clean and most of the furniture were stained and looked very unpleasant.
My bathroom sink was losing water and the bathroom floor was completely wet.
We booked with 3 weeks in advance and reserved a Superior room, and we got a "great" view of a building wall.

Definitely not staying here again. Sofitel has a lot of work to do.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CooperSJCW
Nicolas_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear guest,

I thank you for your feedback.

I am truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused during your last stay. As a matter of fact, the points mentioned in your comment do not reflect our normal standards of service. I willl hence address them to the team in order to avoid any future occurrence.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to prove you our high level of service upon a future stay.

Nicolas Pesty