“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Sofitel St James is my 1st choice of London Hotels, Always a warm welcome, excellent service, comfortable rooms, helpful consierge. East walking distance and well placed for restaurants and theatre. Great bar with friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We are extremely proud to be your first choice of hotels in London.

Indeed we genuinely love to look after our guests.

We look forward to your next visits.

Nicolas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

What can I say but wow we were blown away by this place. Lunch was excellent and the service outstanding.

We live in London and will most certainly be back. I would highly recommend this restaurant/ hotel.

We also recently stayed at the sister hotel in Venice also brilliant but very different. Sofitel in London has both the old school charm with a French contemporary twist whereas Vienna is super modern in design, quite a piece of architecture.

Loved it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for those words of praise! I am truly glad to hear about our "excellent" food and our "outstanding" service!

I also thank you for recommending both Sofitel London St James and our restaurant The Balcon to your entourage.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family and I returned to the Sofitel St James for a third visit to celebrate my youngest daughters 21st birthday. I spoke to Laura (guest relation officer) on the suggestion of one of the booking staff while organising our afternoon tea booking. To say that Laura went above and beyond her job description is an understatement , she ensured our visit was memorable. We booked tea in the wonderful Rose Lounge, with harpist playing our favourite song. We could not have had more care and thought put into our stay, we were all very touched.

Laura and all the staff at the Sofitel are a different league, they made our visit perfect and my daughters birthday so beautiful. To anyone contemplating staying here, look no further. This is the perfect hotel for a

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Madam,

First of all CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter!

I am extremely touched by your feedback and I thank you for that.

Indeed we genuinely care for our guests and we love to pamper them.

I thank you for mentioning Laura as she is a true asset to the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Sofitel London St James delivered hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel.

We arrived at 10am some four hours before stated check in, I expected to just leave our bags with the concierge but was told that our room was ready and we could check in straight away. We were given a quick tour and headed for the room. It was excellently appointed with a beautiful bathroom, full of Hermes toiletries, a DAB radio with ipod dock, lovely towels and robes etc etc. We headed out for the day and when we returned our bags were in our room with my suit bag being hung up in the wardrobe. I couldn't get the shower to run hot, and within 2 minutes of calling reception a friendly handyman was at the door explaining how the safety feature worked, allowing me to shower with piping hot water.

We then went down to the bar for a pre dinner drink and the service here was also outstanding. I ordered an old fashioned which was off menu and notoriously long to make and difficult to get right, no problem for the barman who made us two fabulous cocktails, the drinks are expensive at £15 each but they were top notch as was the service and snacks served with them. I look forward to visiting the bar again soon as it's the best cocktail bar I have ever been to.

Check out was straightforward and friendly and when we came to collect our bags later in the day the doorman was very helpful in sorting us a cab.

All in all I was extremely impressed with the Sofitel St James and would highly recommend it. I would have liked to have taken breakfast there but the prices were very high so I decided to go elsewhere instead.

Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jtwitchett
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
I thank you very much for your comprehensive, positive feedback!

I am glad to hear that we have provided you with outstanding levels of service throughout your stay. This will serve as an encouragement to keep on providing such standards.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.