“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Waterford Ireland
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have always Loved the Sofitel Hotels but this one really stands out for us in London. Great Locaton, walking distance from tubes & all the London attractions. Fabulous bedrooms & an amazing breakfast. Top choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeWaterfordIreland
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear guests,

I thank you for this extremely positive feedback!

I am truly pleased to hear that you have loved your stay at Sofitel London St James.

We look forward to many other visits of yours.

Nicolas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just returned from a 6 night stay at Sofitel London St. James. After finding this hotel on tripadvisior, researching, and reading the positive reviews, I am extremely satisfied that I stayed at the Sofitel London St. James, especially for my first visit to London. The location is ideal for sight seeing as many attractions were within walking distance.

From the moment I arrived, I was impressed by the beauty of hotel and the service I received from the staff. Laura at the front desk provided superb service; my welcome and early check-in was ideal, particularly after a long flight from Toronto and travelling solo. Throughout my stay, the staff always made me feel welcome and the conceirge was always friendly and helpful.

My Luxury king room on the second floor was perfect with a nice view. Women, if you are travelling from Toronto, be sure to bring an international voltage converter if you bring hair tools like hot rollers. Other than that, my room was spacious, comfortable and beautiful.

I used the gym several times during my stay and also their award winning So SPA. Suzette was extremely helpful in booking my massage and during my spa visit where I brought a guest. We both had the 60-minute In-Deep Relaxing Massage, used the steam room, and had champagne in the lounge. I suggest requesting my massage therapist, Yuki - one of the best massages I have ever had...

Thank you Sofitel London St. James! You have truly helped made my first visit to London a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SJI_Toronto
I thank you for your words of praise regarding our high standards of service. We genuinely love to look after our guests and they can feel it.

I also thank you for specifically pointing out Laura, our Guest Relation Officer as well as Suzette from our So-SPA. They are indeed a a true asset for the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Have been to London many times, but first time at Sofitel St James, on recommendation of a friend. Was there with my teenage daughter, her first time in London. We thouroughly enjoyed our five day stay for many reasons, amongst others, the exceptional location near Picadilly Circus, but in a secluded and very quiet square ten minutes or so max on foot from Buckingham, Trafalgar Square, Regent st, and fifteen to Westminster, etc...Great not to have to depend on taxis all the time.

But mostly, due to superior service from everyone, most of all the Concierge group who, prior to our arrival had responded to numerous booking requests for all the "must see" attractions for first timer (including West End shows), and follow up during our stay. Thought the Ritz Concierge (where i stayed last time on business) was second to none...but now have to include the Sofitel team as equal to Ritz.

Best surprise, although i only found out on my last night, returning from a show and quite hungry (but not overly excited at the prospects of a formal dinner at prestigious hotel such as the Sofitel), they have a great late menu with a number of delicious appetizers and light fare perfect for the occasion, I settled on the foie gras terrine with two glasses of wine, and retired quite content.

Needless to say, cannot envisage going back to London (as i regularly do for business reasons)and staying anywhere else than at Sofitel St James.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JC B
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear guest,

I am truly pleased to hear that you and your daughter have enjoyed so much staying at Sofitel London St James.

As a matter of fact we love to pamper all of our guests. We genuinely care about them.

I thank you for complementing the Concierge team. They are indeed a true asset for the hotel.

We then look forward to welcoming you back on your next visits to London.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This property is simply elegant and stunning. To find such a property as this in the middle of town is a real gem. From the moment you walk right into the property, you feel blessed. Everything was so immaculate. The rooms were nice. The bed was comfortable. All tourist attractions were within walking distance. Even the tube is just a few minutes away. Apart from the "not-so-friendly" room rates, you must try staying there at least once to experience the charm this property has to offer...

Room Tip: As far deep your pocket can go, every room is a gem...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your words of praise and for pointing us as a "gem". This is our utmost reward as we genuinely love to pamper all of our guests.

We look forward to your next visits.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We recently had the most wonderful stay in this great hotel. The location couldn't have been better for theatre visits. The staff make you feel very welcome and the waiters appear before you even realize you need them. Try one of their delicious cocktails, you wont regret it. After a tiring day you sink into the beds, they are cloudlike, l have never slept so well. Wonderful toiletries, everything you could wish for. Everyone should experience this wonderfully friendly place. Well done Sofitel, your staff do you proud.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for this divine feedback!

Indeed we genuinely do our utmost to pamper all of our guests and I am really glad to hear that you have enjoyed it.

Thank you for pointing out your satisfaction through all the departments of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights and had a smallish but very well appointed room. The hotel is stylish and comfortable and in a great location. Our shower did flood the bathroom floor but it did not hinder our enjoyment.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback.

I am happy to hear that we are a "fabulous" hotel.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused with your shower. This does not reflect our normal standards therefore I will make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your next stays.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Staying at the Sofitel St. James was a truly exceptional experience. The location is pretty much perfect. You can easily walk to many top sites, including Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Parliament, Trafalagar Square, National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery, Picadilly Circus, West End theaters, etc. The service in the hotel was simply outstanding. One Guest Relations staff member in particular, Laura Losano, did such an amazing job of making my wife and I feel like special guests and warmly welcomed. Though I have stayed in other London hotels for business in the past, I can't imagine staying anywhere else for future visits. I wish I could give them 6 stars!

Room Tip: The rooms all have double-paned glass, so there is zero street noise. I stayed in a junior suite fac...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,

What a wonderful feedback! Thank you so much for that!

I thank you for pointing out Laura Losano who is a true asset for the hotel. She indeed genuinely loves to pamper our guests. I am truly glad to hear that she has made your stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our centrally located Sofitel London St James.