“Good Breakfast and Service”

Sofitel London St James
Ranked #25 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Excellent staff and front desk was very helpful at the check in. Great bar and good hangout in the evening. The Breakfast was excellent and my room was clean and comfy.
ood Internet access in lobby. Would return again at right price. Reliable hotel in good location. Would recommend it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear guest,

I thank you for your words of praise regarding our high standards of service. Indeed we love to indulge all of our guests.

I also thank you for pointing out our excellent breakfast as we serve the freshiest seasonal products on the market.

We look forward to your next visits.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a rather fantastic hotel which I would reccommend to all travelling to, or living in, London. The cocktails at the bar were spot on and afternoon tea in the lounge was delicious. I was with a large group, however the waiters were always present when needed and in particular the girl with glasses was very attentive (I didn't catch her name).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

I thank you for your wonderful feedback!

Indeed we do our utmost to satisfy our guests and to anticipate their needs. I thank you for pointing out Tessa from our St James Bar. She is very dedicated. I am also glad to hear that you have really enjoyed your experience in our bar as well as in the Rose Lounge with your Afternoon Tea.

I then look forward to welcoming you back soon to Sofitel London St James.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Working in the hospitality/ hotel industry myself, I am overly critical and subconsciously always looking for flaws- and I can safely say that Sofitel St James has none, it is the perfect hotel!
From check in everything went seamlessly, great decor, friendly staff, perfect location for everything in London, great accommodation, and possibly the most comfortable bed ever!

The bar was a great way to end the evening, so well designed and brilliant service. The picture on the ceiling proved to be a great talking point for my mum and I.

Breakfast in The Balcon couldn't have been better, and the staff were friendly and attentive, spending time with each guest making sure that they had all the juice/ tea/ food they needed. I forget their names, but special thanks to two girls in particular working on breakfast who looked after us very well (one of whom has a two hour commute to work- very dedicated to her job!).

Special thanks to Laura, the customer service officer, who helped via email even before arriving, I wanted to put a special little something in the room for my mum. Laura also sought to greet us on check in to introduce herself in person, and was attentive throughout our stay, even remembering what our plans were the day before.

All in all, a great stay, my mum even said it was 'the best hotel she had ever stayed in'.

Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest,

I am extremely thankful to you for this marvellous feedback!

I thank you for mentioning into details you very satisfactory experience throughout the different departments in the hotel.

Our bar, the St James Bar, is indeed much appreciated by both our in house guests as well as by our loyal Londoner guests.

I also thank you for pointing out Laura who is a huge asset for the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your mother back at Sofitel London St James.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We use this hotel to stay in town after a show or concert. Location is perfect. The bar is spot on and perfect to start and end an evening, and the breakfasts worth making time for. Always been lucky with a decent room, which are clean, luxurious, really comfortable and quiet. We will be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

It is great to hear that we are consistent in providing high standards of service!

I thank you for pointing out one of our gems: the St James Bar.

I am also pleased to hear that you love your breakfasts in our restaurant The Balcon.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many other occasions.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Sofitel hotel in London is a beautiful old hotel. It is a classic building with a lot of grace and charm. The rooms are very comfortable, if not overly large. The hotel is a short walk from Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. There is construction on the street in front of the hotel but I wasn't bothered by noise. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room facing the back of the hotel on the top floor. While the view wasn't that go...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you very much for this extremely positive feedback!

It has been a pleasure for us to provide you with high standards of service and we look forward to many other visits of yours.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you are looking for a place to feel at home in London, whether you are alone on a business trip or with your entire family, it's the place to be.
Food is as excellent as the rooms are confortable, plus a great French refinement.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Dear guest,

I thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the French refinement and the English traditional atmosphere that we implemented in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed in the Sofitel last August for 4 nights, the service from the outset was fantastic. The room was more than adequate, although the view from the window was horrendous but it’s to be expected in central London. Cocktails at the bar were delicious and breakfast was great also. The high standard of customer service started from the moment you stepped out of the taxi, which was delightful.

Money did however go missing from our room while we were out; it seems the blamed was placed on the cleaning staff. Kudos to the hotel however, they handled the issue with the upmost care, Making sure we were kept up to date with what was happening, The money was replaced by the hotel (was a collection of £2 pound coins) and a bottle of wine was sent to the room. The next day the hotel apologised again and a member of security spoke to my partner regarding the issue.
Truly fantastic customer service, and even with a minor blip, we left satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack K
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear guest,

I thank you for your feedback.

Indeed we take our guests security very seriously as no robbery has ever occured in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.