4,487 results
All reviewspiccadilly circuspall mallrose loungehermes toiletriesluxury roombuckingham palacenational galleryjames parkregent streetroom servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationturn down serviceafternoon teawest endfive star hoteljunior suite
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed . The customer service at this hotel is fantastic! Everyone is there to make sure your stay is wonderful. A big thanks to Oliver, the concierge for handling our every question and request. The staff at the Balcon was superb and made each morning so pleasant for us. Location only a few blocks from Picadilly and Trafalgar square made getting around very easy. Will stay here anytime!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for this positive feedback!

I am truly happy to hear that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us as we genuinely strive in providing the highest standards of service.

I thank you for mentioning Oliver from Concierge as he is a true asset for the hotel.

I also thank you for pointing out the excellent breakfast and service provided to you in our restaurant The Balcon.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at Sofitel St James in a year and it did not disappoint. The hotel is lovely and the location is perfect. It's in a classy area of London - close to Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square. The best part of this hotel however is the staff. The service is excellent and the staff so friendly. In particular, some of those working at the Balcon were very professional, attentive and extremely kind to our young son- always making him (and us) feel welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. The Balcon staff are a real credit to the hotel. The food is also excellent. We were there for a week and had dinner in the hotel every night- that's how good it was! Really enjoyed our stay and cannot wait to visit again.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your words of praise!

I felt extremely proud of my team while reading your lines as we genuinely love to pamper all of our guests.

We look forward to your third stay and many more others.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary and decided that the hotel would be somewhere very special to stay - we were not to be disappointed.
The reception staff were friendly, attentive and welcoming. I am a member of the Sofitel guest loyalty programme and the reception staff upgraded us to a Junior Suite to mark the occasion of our anniversary. Our room was very spacious and in a quiet location with a view over Pall Mall. The bed was enormous and extremely comfortable, so we slept well.
We had dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant - Le Balcon (The Balcony). The food was excellent with a good choice of menu options.
Overall we had both a memorable and an enjoyable stay. We plan to return for the next special occasion - my retirement.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir,

I am truly glad to hear that you have had a wonderful and memorable 38th wedding anniversary with us at Sofitel London St James. Such an occasion can't be missed.

I thank you for complementing the whole staff for their high standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to celebrate your retirement and for also many other occasions.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights in June with my husband and two teenaged children. The location was excellent for us since we were interested in all the touristy things -- walking distance to many major sites. Our rooms were well-appointed and service was generally good. The breakfast buffet (included in our package) was excellent, and we reminisced about it during the remainder of our trip. The only issue we had was that since this is an older building, we had a couple of things that needed attention, but nothing major. The most annoying thing was a toilet that flushed when it wanted to -- but would generally flush after a few tries. All in all, quite posh! Had to warn the kids that the hotels on the rest of our trip would not be as nice. One final note on location -- walking distance to Piccadilly Circus, the London Eye, Big Ben, the National Gallery, among others; also a block or two from a hop-on-hop-off bus stop, as well as the subway. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your very nice feedback!

I am truly glad to hear that you and your family have really enjoyed staying at Sofitel London St James.

Thank you also for pointing out the delicious breakfast you have had in our restaurant The Balcon. We proud ourselves in using the freshest products on the market.

I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you all back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Not only was the room perfect, the staff was wonderful from check-in to check-out! I am a early riser, I could of made coffee in my room, but not wanting to disturb my wife and son, I walked down to the lobby at 0500, and the gentlemen at the front desk made the extra effort to find me a cup of coffee! Before anything was open. Little things like that makes me want to return again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear sir,

I thank you for your words of praise regarding our genuine high standards of service as we truly love to pamper and look after all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Sofitel London St James.