“be on time”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
london
“be on time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

really wanted to have coffee here but had to leave as my friend was late. was sitting at a table and a very rude waiter asked me to leave giving the table to someone else. this experience really put me off from going there again!

2 Thank elenecht

London, United Kingdom
“Great coffee & food, ordinary service & unreal noise level”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had brunch here, and the coffee was fantastic, cortado just as it should be, great taste, and my friend's decaf was also very good. Service is ordinary and quite surly, smiles were rather rare, but the place was super full, with people lining up in the only corridor/exit area waiting for tables. When the place was full to capacity, with people waiting, the noise levels were deafening, it was extremely difficult to hear one's companion, and just plain uncomfortable assault on one's ears. Even some sort of panelling or canvas on the wall would absorb some of the noise, but as it is, it is super loud even with no music at all.

My friend opted for the banana loaf which looked great, and I had corn fritters with small amount of smoked salmon, little shot glass of sour-cream with chives, and avocado, with soft boiled egg on the side. It was all very good, and though slow cooked egg (they do not do poached or any other style egg (except for the egg baked with chorizo which came out in little pans type container), despite its not particularly aesthetically pleasing appearance, actually tasted amazing. Would I come here again? - for the food yes, but I would pick less busy time so that the service is actually at least pleasant even if it cannot be attentive for some strange reason, and noise levels not blowing one's ear drums out.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank l-globetrotter
Folkestone
“Quirky - Simply put "Fantastic Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

As soon as I saw they used Climpson & Sons Coffee I knew I was in for a treat but of course that depends on the skill of the Barista. We were not disappointed, Great coffee. We didn't eat but what we saw looked great and everyone seemed to be enjoying what I believe was a Cuban stew. Will go back when back in the area for a spot of lunch

• Visited February 2014
“Flat White”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Best Coffee in London for me so far. Go for the Flat White. Food is damn good as well. Weekends is packed so plan ahead. Friendly staff and very knowledgeable about their coffee.

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I set my expectations quite high after reading the other reviews and I was massively disappointed.

The place has a nice looking but uncomfortable setup, you can't even stop in front of the counter.

Service was poor, I tried to sit on a window table with stools literally on the door, and I was rudely rejected because I had a small dog with me. Then I ordered to go and they couldn't even recall which one of the coffees had sugar and which one didn't.

Finally, food quality below the average, coffee was not good and pastries were not fresh.

You can find much better in the area.

Visited January 2014