“Lunch for a hungry traveller”
Review of Birdhouse

Birdhouse
Ranked #207 of 664 Coffee & Tea in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Lunch for a hungry traveller”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A light lunch to keep us going was had at this establishment and it hit the nail on the head. Simple but tasty with a glass of wine to keep spirits(!) up. Staff were friendly and attentive, the restaurant itself clean, bright and quirky.

• Visited April 2014

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Great coffee”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It had been nearly two years since my last visit here, as I hadn't been in the area. I was pleased to find out that the quality of coffee was just as good as I remember. I had a flat white, which was very well made, and just the right strength.

It's a small venue, with very few seats so can get busy, but it's well worth the short walk up the hill from Clapham Junction station, if you are in the area and need a good coffee.

• Visited April 2014
london
“be on time”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

really wanted to have coffee here but had to leave as my friend was late. was sitting at a table and a very rude waiter asked me to leave giving the table to someone else. this experience really put me off from going there again!

2 Thank elenecht
London, United Kingdom
“Great coffee & food, ordinary service & unreal noise level”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had brunch here, and the coffee was fantastic, cortado just as it should be, great taste, and my friend's decaf was also very good. Service is ordinary and quite surly, smiles were rather rare, but the place was super full, with people lining up in the only corridor/exit area waiting for tables. When the place was full to capacity, with people waiting, the noise levels were deafening, it was extremely difficult to hear one's companion, and just plain uncomfortable assault on one's ears. Even some sort of panelling or canvas on the wall would absorb some of the noise, but as it is, it is super loud even with no music at all.

My friend opted for the banana loaf which looked great, and I had corn fritters with small amount of smoked salmon, little shot glass of sour-cream with chives, and avocado, with soft boiled egg on the side. It was all very good, and though slow cooked egg (they do not do poached or any other style egg (except for the egg baked with chorizo which came out in little pans type container), despite its not particularly aesthetically pleasing appearance, actually tasted amazing. Would I come here again? - for the food yes, but I would pick less busy time so that the service is actually at least pleasant even if it cannot be attentive for some strange reason, and noise levels not blowing one's ear drums out.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank l-globetrotter
Folkestone
“Quirky - Simply put "Fantastic Coffee”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

As soon as I saw they used Climpson & Sons Coffee I knew I was in for a treat but of course that depends on the skill of the Barista. We were not disappointed, Great coffee. We didn't eat but what we saw looked great and everyone seemed to be enjoying what I believe was a Cuban stew. Will go back when back in the area for a spot of lunch

• Visited February 2014