“Maybe the horrible service was a fluke?”

Khan’s Restaurant
Ranked #11,780 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Khan's Restaurant has been credited locally as "one of the most authentic Indian restaurant's in the city". Experience exceptional award winning low fat & colour free cuisine in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere. Our "pure Indian flavours" and attentive service continue to attract theatre goers, business professionals, romantic and social diners. Khan's Restaurant is not only an Indian restaurant but offers also a takeaway & delivery service to the surrounding areas. We welcome you to order online for delivery or collection and hope you enjoy our food.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Maybe the horrible service was a fluke?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Classmates and I used to frequent Khan's back in 1996 when I lived in London so a former classmate and I decided to have dinner here Friday, May 2nd, 2014. We were seated about 7:15pm and it was just the two of us. After 15 min (no exaggeration), we finally had to pull someone aside (I assume a helper b/c he wore in a black shirt vs blue) and he said he would get someone. An older bearded man in a black shirt came up and took our order with a look of 'I would be fine if I didn't have to deal with another customer tonight'. For drinks we asked for water so he came back with empty glasses in a couple of minutes, set them on our table....and nothing. That was the last we saw of him. Our empty glasses sat there and were still empty when the food arrived by some quick helper who didn't make eye contact or ask who had what dish; he simply placed them and ran. I had a bottle of drinking water in my bag so my friend and I shared it and I left the glasses empty. We carefully hid the bottle between sips b/c years ago I worked in a restaurant for six years and now this became a game. I was interested to see HOW LONG it would take for anyone to realize we had no beverages; just two empty glasses yearning to be filled.

We finish our meal (I had the Chicken Dhansak and it was good but be warned it is the hottest one I have ever had) and a porter comes to take the empty dishes but leaves our empty glasses. Interesting. Between the time our food was brought to our table and the dishes removed (about 20-25 minutes) not one person checked on us. So we waited about 5 min for the bill. Nothing. We request a bill and the porter who cleaned our table brings it to us. Um, where is our waiter?

We leave a bit after 8pm simply shocked how our meal could have gone awry so terribly. Our appetizer was Tandoori wings and it was good and as I said above, my Dhansak was good as well. Above average I would say for the food. In my 9 days here I have eaten 6 Indian meals at 5 different locales but I can't say Khan's is one I will frequent again when here in 2015.

• Visited May 2014

Milnthorpe, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, great service”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Ate here with my sister tonight and I don't understand how it is that we were the only ones in the restaurant! The starters were really different from the usual onion bhaji and tandoori mixed grill, and absolutely fresh and delicious. Our mains were equally good, and we were treated to a sip of sherry by our very attentive waiter to finish the meal off. Prices were more than reasonable so we will definitely be back the next time we're in the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LauraBG
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb food”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Excellent healthy Indian. Tasty and no guilt eating because hardly see any oil. This is on TasteLondon list to use the card.

I will return again. It is the best in London.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Antonyrabin
London, United Kingdom
“Great service - bland food”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The service here was great: friendly staff, quick food and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere. The food itself was a bit of a let down though, very forgettable. I had korma and it didn't really taste of anything except slightly spicy and a bit of coconut.

The staff were great though, if only the food could have come from Bombay dine club just down the road and the staff from this place.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Anna H
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We booked to go here last Saturday night as they accepted the taste card and we got a whopping 50% off food. On arriving at the restaurant we were warmly greeted, seated and poppadoms were swiftly ordered. Throughout the evening the service was good and friendly. Food was also tasty and plentiful. We all left stuffed and very happy, therefore an excellent choice.

• Visited November 2013