“Excellent value”

Ranked #11,888 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Khan's Restaurant has been credited locally as "one of the most authentic Indian restaurant's in the city". Experience exceptional award winning low fat & colour free cuisine in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere. Our "pure Indian flavours" and attentive service continue to attract theatre goers, business professionals, romantic and social diners. Khan's Restaurant is not only an Indian restaurant but offers also a takeaway & delivery service to the surrounding areas. We welcome you to order online for delivery or collection and hope you enjoy our food.
uk
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Visiting family we called in quite late after a long day travelling . We have a tastecard and just called in without booking but we got a table straight away .Staff courteous , food excellent and pleasant surroundings . Will definitely go back again .

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every respect”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The quality of the food in Khan's is the most important feature, with a very interesting and slightly unusual selection of dishes on the menu. But even things like their naan bread and pilau rice are just awesome, and with attentive service with a laid back and private atmosphere, Khan's has become the Indian restaurant at the top of our list around Lavender Hill.

“Okay but not great”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I recently visited Khan's with friends. My friends love this place so I was looking forward to a good curry.

I applaud the restaurants policy of not using artificial colours in their food. This is evidenced by the pilau rice which is actually rice coloured rather than the strange multi-coloured stuff you get in a lot of places.

However, I found the food to be a little bland. I ordered one of the restaurants signature dishes, the Murghi Ceylon. It didn't have the heat or the flavour that you would expect. My friends' dishes were also fairly uninspiring. The wasn't bad, it was just a bit average.

The service was good and the beer was cold.

Given that many of my friends like it, I will likely try Khan's again on the off chance that I caught them on a bad night or I ordered the wrong thing.

• Visited April 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Curry in Lavender Hill!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Khan's has been my favourite curry house since I moved to Battersea 8 years ago, they just get the flavours perfectly whilst keeping the dishes authentic - an absolute must! Enjoy!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Maybe the horrible service was a fluke?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Classmates and I used to frequent Khan's back in 1996 when I lived in London so a former classmate and I decided to have dinner here Friday, May 2nd, 2014. We were seated about 7:15pm and it was just the two of us. After 15 min (no exaggeration), we finally had to pull someone aside (I assume a helper b/c he wore in a black shirt vs blue) and he said he would get someone. An older bearded man in a black shirt came up and took our order with a look of 'I would be fine if I didn't have to deal with another customer tonight'. For drinks we asked for water so he came back with empty glasses in a couple of minutes, set them on our table....and nothing. That was the last we saw of him. Our empty glasses sat there and were still empty when the food arrived by some quick helper who didn't make eye contact or ask who had what dish; he simply placed them and ran. I had a bottle of drinking water in my bag so my friend and I shared it and I left the glasses empty. We carefully hid the bottle between sips b/c years ago I worked in a restaurant for six years and now this became a game. I was interested to see HOW LONG it would take for anyone to realize we had no beverages; just two empty glasses yearning to be filled.

We finish our meal (I had the Chicken Dhansak and it was good but be warned it is the hottest one I have ever had) and a porter comes to take the empty dishes but leaves our empty glasses. Interesting. Between the time our food was brought to our table and the dishes removed (about 20-25 minutes) not one person checked on us. So we waited about 5 min for the bill. Nothing. We request a bill and the porter who cleaned our table brings it to us. Um, where is our waiter?

We leave a bit after 8pm simply shocked how our meal could have gone awry so terribly. Our appetizer was Tandoori wings and it was good and as I said above, my Dhansak was good as well. Above average I would say for the food. In my 9 days here I have eaten 6 Indian meals at 5 different locales but I can't say Khan's is one I will frequent again when here in 2015.