“Yummy food, but pricey & cramped”
Review of Wild Food Cafe

Wild Food Cafe
Ranked #1,604 of 24,439 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: A vibrant raw-centric, vegan, vegetarian eatery created around the art and science of feeling great! ♥
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The Wild Food Cafe is on the first floor of one of the buildings in Neals Yard (NB no obvious disabled access seen.)

There are a few large tables seating 8-10 people and some stools round the bar area. This means you eat in very close proximity to other diners.

The food is beautiful, I could not fault it, but I was surprised at the price. For a slice of pizza and a side salad it was about £12.

When we were leaving at about 2pm a queue was forming on the stairs to get in - obviously a very popular place.

Overall a nice experience with great food but the price was a little more than I would have liked, and the small area does feel very cramped.

1  Thank mazambane

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This is a good place to grab a quick bite or linger on with a beer, while remaining on the healthy side of things. There's nothing outstanding here, but it's good standard vegetarian fare, well executed and in a casual, hippie-style setting.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch and really enjoyed the food.
Healthy, tasty food, presented well.
Cosy friendly interior overlooking a quaint courtyard.
Will be on my list next time I'm in London.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The super salad I ordered was a well-sized and tasty portion- but at 11 pounds (add 1 pound from the specified price on the menu) it is probably not the most value-for-money sort of lunch.

However the space the restaurant is in is very small and I did not have enough personal space for a chilled lunch. This observation is consistent with nearly all seats in the cafe. I found myself eating my salad trying not to catch the eye of the man opposite me, within earshot of two women talking about organic cider and one of their boyfriends playing at a festival.

At the same time, this cafe seems to attract rich uppity hippy types. Am not sure if being forced to be in very close proximity with many of these people is great fun. The service too was good to varying degrees, with points of rudeness, indifference, and helpfulness.

Overall, this would not be a vegan spot I would return to. But boy, it was a good salad (mushrooms, avocado, mango dressing, can't hate on that good stuff.)!

1  Thank Clara305
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Second time visit here (on Friday 6th June) and not disappointed. The menu is wide and varied, with a mixed selection of raw and cooked, with some dairy options also.

My friend and I had coffee, smoothies, salads, sides, mores smoothies, tea, and a selection of the most scrummy raw chocolate treats I can remember ever eating, all for around £26 per head. And too boot, for the rest of the day I felt super healthy, the healthiest I had felt in a very long time!

The salad we had (ORGANIC AYURVEDIC SUPER SALAD) consisted of some wild foraged greens, nettles, wild garlic, dandelion...fab!! We ordered the smaller size and that was more than adequate and will take you ages to finish, which goes to show how nutrient dense it was.

The staff were friendly, attentive and all our food items came in excellent time. We ended up spending at least two hours there and not once were we made to feel rushed. Others had arrived before us and were still there after we left, so a 'cool' place to hang out.

Yes, the prices can be seen by some as expensive, but I would wager that those that would say this would be the first to pay to eat at far less healthier locations!

So, if you are around the Covent Garden area and fancy sometime super healthy (especially if you are a vegetarian/vegan and/or raw foodist looking for somewhere to eat) in a very relaxed environment, then this place is worth a visit.