“Fantastic food, really made me think differently about a raw food diet”
Review of Wild Food Cafe

Wild Food Cafe
Ranked #586 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: A vibrant raw-centric, vegan, vegetarian eatery created around the art and science of feeling great! ♥
Andover, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, really made me think differently about a raw food diet”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This review could have been very different it could in fact have been a very poor experience, one where I would rant about bad service, distracted staff and a very late meal. However it won't, yes our initial service was some what lacking but when highlighted to the staff they went over and above what we were expecting to rectify the situation. We were not disappointed the food was exceptional quality and tasty, I have still not managed to replicate their superfood salad! The service too was brilliant and friendly we spent ages talking to their manager about the benefits of raw food. My recommendation is be patient and if you are not happy with anything speak up and say something while you are there rather than hide behind a computer profile. I am sure that they will do everything they can to change your experience into a positive one. I know you won't be disappointed I wasn't.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Good spot for an alternative to the norm”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have been twice and have been satisfied both times. The service isn't spectacular in terms of speed, but the staff are very friendly. In regards to value for your money, you can definitely do better elsewhere; however, the difficulty will be finding a place that serves vegan / vegetarian meals. I loved the raw chocolate and berry tart!

• Visited July 2014
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Nice food, over priced though wish slow service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I waited about 15 mins for my lunch to come even though it was a take away and just a sandwich. The food was nice in the end but very very over priced, I think I paid about £16 for a sandwich/'burger' and some chips. It was annoying as well the server let me order chips, despite them already being included with the burger so I had 2 portions in the end. Overall, generally over rated.

1 Thank Jessica K
york, UK
“Decent food, a bit overpriced for quantity of food.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Yes, I know food is not always about quantity, but £30 is too much for a burger, a falafel pitta and one side of wedges. I know that all the food is prepared on site and is fresh, but I'm not quite sure the justification of the price per meal.
The food we had was tasty, and served pretty quickly.
Worth a look in if you are in the area, and a fan of raw and fresh vegan/veggie food.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank xsimx
West London
“Good food, nice setting, poor service”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I met a friend for lunch at the Wild Food Cafe on a sunny Friday lunchtime in July. The cafe is located upstairs in one of the buildings in Neal's Yard. It is cheerfully decorated in a hippyish, world traveller kind of way and all of the staff look like they've just returned from a backpacking trip to Nepal. It is quite small inside and easily crowded but we were lucky to get a seat by the window after a short while sitting on the high stools by the counter. The coffee is average and over-priced - an Americano costs £2.50 and comes in a small cup. The food is wonderful - fresh, crisp, full of flavour. I had the summer field salad. My friend had the avocado bruschetta. Both dishes were delicious. The service, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Despite its hippy-dippy decor, this is not a friendly place. Staff seemed to be stressed out and getting on top of one another in the small serving space. Our original waitress appeared to take an instant dislike to us, for no apparent reason. We ordered coffee first but when we tried to catch her attention to order the food she ignored us and it took considerable amount of waving to get her to come over. When it came to paying the bill, she completely blanked us and another member of staff had to take our money. We were tempted to walk out without paying. A service charge was added to our bill without our knowledge - undeserved given the rudeness of the waitress. I was reminded of the Dandy Warhols Song, Bohemian Like You. Too many staff looking miserable and thinking that they are too cool for school. Perhaps a Vegan diet makes you moody!!! Will I return? No! I like my cafes to be warm, welcoming and friendly!

• Visited July 2014