“Small, modern, nice”

Ranked #348 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sweden
“Small, modern, nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed at the Z Soho Hotel when in London for a business meeting in the neighborhood. The room was very small, in fact the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in (Tokyo included!). But if you only use the hotel for sleeping the Z-hotel is very good. It is modern and clean, the staff is very nice and helpful, the breakfast is ok but not great, the beds a bit hard to my taste but otherwise ok, the room was quiet during the night, the free WiFi worked fine, and the location is just great. Next time in London I will probably come back to the Z hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Z Hotel in March of this year, and I highly recommend it for solo travelers. The hotel has an amazing location, in the middle of Soho and Convent Garden with the subway pretty close, also the neighborhood has lots of restaurants, cafes, bars near, which is great if you want to get to know people.

Two things I liked the most: the Cheese and Wine Tasting and the staff. The Cheese and Wine was a great surprise since I had no idea about it until I checked in at the hotel. It was great to meet people all over the world and to enjoy the great atmosphere of staying in London.
About the staff they cannot do it any better. They were very kind with me, paying special attention due to the fact that I was travelling by myself. Specially Andre, who was kind of a concierge, giving me specific details about where to hang out, or where to eat. He was really nice and helped me with everything I asked for and he was always willing to help at any occasion. Always with a smile and great service.

I would definitely stay here again although the rooms are small, but they are very charming and super clean. I am already recommending for all my friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Another great night. These hotels have small rooms but I'm never in room and they are set up central to theater area. Mexican place next door yum. They offer a great happy hour wine n cheese to guests and a reasonable nice fresh breakfast. It is a good deal for London.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed here twice, and it is very convenient for the west end and Soho, but that convenience comes at a price. The concept is tiny rooms at an affordable price in a great location... and it achieves that goal.. The first time I stayed in a queen room, very smart, but facing onto Shaftsbury avenue which made it rather noisy. On my second stay I had a double room, which was internal without windows and rather small, I hadn't appreciated quite how small when I booked. Having said that, I got a good night's sleep. The staff were brilliant, they were friendly and helpful - very professional. The conversion work to create the hotel is impressive, the internal courtyard is a great piece of design.

If you want a convenient hotel with good service and style, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for an internally facing room to avoid the street noise which goes on all night.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My sister and I stayed in this small central London hotel last week. Our double room was tiny, but that's to be expected for such a central location. The hotel's bang in the middle of theatreland, which was perfect for us. They offer free pre-theatre cheese and wine to guests - a wonderful treat if you don't have time for dinner before going to a theatre. The architecture is quirky and interesting and the place is lovely and clean. The staff are friendly and service is good. Although a little pricey, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband booked an absolute bargain - a room here last minute, for one night; superb location in Soho, stylish and comfortable room with a funky interior. The room was very small with space for suitcases under the bed but since we were just there to sleep it didn't matter. It was novel and modern - minimalistic with a quasi maritime-japanese feel. There was even a complimentary gourmet cheese and wine spread available which was absolutely delicious. I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was very small without a window. I am sure there are other options for other prices. We wer...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Z hotel is exactly as its described on there website. The rooms are compact, but have everything you need and really modern. I had arranged the break as a surprise fro my friend for her birthday and the staff surprised her with a box of chocolates and a birthday card which I felt was a lovely touch.

The hotel has the most beautiful roof terrace, with stunning rattan furniture, hanging chairs and even a BBQ to the corner.

As a group we had a fabulous weekend and this was topped of by the staff at Z who really couldn't do enough for you.

We will return again soon.

THX again Z team.