“Perfect Location !”

Ranked #353 of 1,063 Hotels in London
The Woodlands, Texas
“Perfect Location !”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just can't say enough about the location of this hotel. We didn't have any problem with noise because we had an inside room but we also didn't have a window & our room was a lil hot but the extremely helpful staff was nice enough to give us a fan. The room is so small we didn't move around well together and we used the basement bathroom which is nice and the court yard a lot to give the other getting ready alone time in the room without us bumping into each other. Wine and cheese in the evening was great. Being from Houston Texas area I found it strange that a lot of the pubs and resturants close down or stop serving food at 10pm. We would walk and search every night for something that was open that wasn't in china town. Also we found out from the cab drivers who never knew where "Hotel Z" was that they actually call it "Hotel Zed" . If I'm ever in London again this is definitely where I'll stay.

Room Tip: We stay up late so I never care about noise so I would have really liked a room with a window so we...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I checked in I'd been told I'd been upgraded. I dread to think how small a "normal" room would be. The hotel is in a great location and the staff were lovely, the room was basic but tiny, and the air con was useless, so I had to open the window, so couldn't get any sleep.

The central courtyard is great though, real lovely quiet spot.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven M
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The rooms are very small, we were expecting this but it would be a shock if you were not aware. There is hardly any hanging space. I noticed an ironing board in the corridor so you could iron creased clothes.

The room is clean, it has air con and a great TV. The bed is against the wall and so one partner (me) is against the wall. We did have a window, but I understand that not all do. The only draw back is the bathroom. It too is very small but the wall is glass and even though it is frosted you can clearly see through. My advice to the owners, should they read this, is to coat the glass with a solid colour. I have been married many years and so not particularly phased at seeing my dear husband sat on the loo but if a young couple had come away for a romantic weekend they may not quite be ready to reveal so much of themselves...

The little cafe has free wine and cheese between 5-8 and this is really very good, a lovely touch.

The hotel is located just off Cambridge Circus and is really a great location. Our room was very quiet, I did not hear anything all night. Breakfast is lovely too.

Staff are very friendly and they have a place to hold your luggage once checked out.

Overall I might stay again for the location. The staff really do make up for the small rooms.

Room Tip: room overlooking the courtyard
1 Thank Mrs-B-loves
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went to the opera and decided to stay over. Read the reviews and knew what to expect. The rooms are small but very comfortable with great towels, linen etc. And a large TV with Sky Atlantic.
The design is brilliant with an inner courtyard with spiral stairs.
Free wine and cheese from 5 until 8 pm and the bacon roll at breakfast was delicious.
We chose the hotel for its location - 10 minutes from the opera and right on Cambridge Circus.
But best of all were the staff. Can't rate them highly enough. So friendly and professional.
This hotel delivers exactly what it promises in a friendly but stylish manner. So has to be a five.

Droitwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We didn't arrive until late in the evening so were probably given the worst room. It was so small that
the double bed was pushed against the window so you had to climb over to get in. It was overlooking the main road which was only quiet between 3 and 5 am. No air conditioning and no window to open so very little sleep was had. It was clean and modern with large flat screen TV.
The partition to the shower room and toilet was only frosted glass so not at all private.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Planetfoody
Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

After reading numerous tripadvisor reviews on this hotel I thought I knew what to expect but I was left feeling rather disappointed. The location is very good but the rooms are very basic and yes small (but I knew to expect this). I had paid to be upgraded to the queen room so I wouldn't like to imagine what they smaller rooms are like. The free wine and cheese in the evening is a great touch and makes this hotel slightly better value for money but all in all I felt the hotel was over priced and over hyped.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The most important reason for booking this hotel was for its location.
Perfect. The rooms are no bigger than a large broom cupboard. I paid an additional £15 and got a room designed for wheelchair users. The staff were polite and professional. Breakfast at £8.50 was good value and included pastries, bacon rolls, fresh fruit salad and cold meats. The other bonus was the cheeses and wine served up between 5 and 8. All in all good hotel, a bit noisey late at night but location was perfect.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends