“Incredible burgers, average service”

Honest Burgers - Brixton
Ranked #580 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have eaten at Honest Burger before and after it became the phenomenon that it is. Before I say anymore, I must first say that the burger, chips and coleslaw are perfect and I struggle to think of a better burger in the UK or overseas (including America).

However, I must say that Honest Burger is now a victim of its own success and they have outgrown their current location and staffing level. A restructure and expansion is in order here and probably for the rest of Brixton Village for fear of it turning into what Camden market is today.

The friendly staff are forced to spend more time managing the expectations of the customers waiting in the queue rather than being free to serve the customers already seated. Due to this, the quality of the table service offered has fallen to abysmal levels. As the food remains great, take your meal to go, you might die waiting in the queue otherwise.

1  Thank Dexter P

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've been to Honest Burgers many times, including the ones in Brixton, Soho and Camden. The Soho branch is my favourite due to the tucked away location and building. It's 100% one of the best burgers I've ever had - the meat is so juicy. The menu is always simple but they introduce guest burgers and there are a few more regular options (the Tribute which was great). It's good value and chips are included (a generous portion). The branding is really simple and effective. I wouldn't bother going to any other burger place in London as this one is the best.

1  Thank Bottletrip
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I have to admit to NEVER setting foot in an Honest Burger before. I was taken here by two friends and I was blown away to say the least.
Honest Burger in Brixton is very small but not uncomfortable.
We all ordered a burger and chips and a drink each.
All arrived in a very reasonable time frame. The burgers were cooked to perfection, the chips were outstanding, the drinks were cold and the staff very polite and helpful.
The bill was the shocker. I can't remember the exact amount but I was expecting it to be twice as much as it was. Very very good food at a great price and served by delightful staff. It's what eating out is about.
I'm going back tomorrow.....

2  Thank LeeJW
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing burgers , great service . Small but perfect menu and selection of world beers, open light restaurant with a very cool vibe, 2 mins walk from kings cross, star of the show is the rosemary hand cut fries..

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

After visiting honest burgers in soho I was looking forward to trying another. We got a table straight away as wasn't busy. Ordered my burger well done and it came out still pink and bloody so sent it back to be redone came back burnt and tasteless. Chips didn't have as much taste to them as before so was a bit disappointed. Good service from our waiter and wasn't pressured to leave as they had a huge queue of people!