“Great food. Stop pushing the specials”

Honest Burgers - Brixton
Ranked #1,017 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food, and great value!! My only Criticism would be, the waiters were so annoying trying to push the special burger and the spicy mayo to everyone, got really sick of hearing their sales pitch!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Honest Burger is very hyped and it deserves most of it but for my money you're better off with a Bleecker St. (the juiciest), a Dip & Flip (the funnest), a Shake Shack (the most reliable) or a Meat-something (the best sides).

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Great food as always, washed down with fab beer.
I plumped for the cheese burger with fries, coleslaw and onion rings. The chips were on the salty side but still beautifully crunchy.
The ONLY real problem was the waitresses' attire.. Shorts cut so high that very little was left to the imagination.
I don't mind but the wife was having a fookin Spazz so I spent the entire meal staring VERY INTENTLY at the wood grain of the table. It's hard enough to get any action these days without some public display of bottom cheeks to block the old fella

3  Thank Matt W
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The burgers as usual were great, chips lovely but slightly too salty, my only complaint was that the girl who was working there shorts were way too short...I'm sorry but I really don't want to see somebody's bottom cheeks while I'm eating my dinner, she may get great tips but as a female diner I really don't want to see this

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have eaten at Honest Burger before and after it became the phenomenon that it is. Before I say anymore, I must first say that the burger, chips and coleslaw are perfect and I struggle to think of a better burger in the UK or overseas (including America).

However, I must say that Honest Burger is now a victim of its own success and they have outgrown their current location and staffing level. A restructure and expansion is in order here and probably for the rest of Brixton Village for fear of it turning into what Camden market is today.

The friendly staff are forced to spend more time managing the expectations of the customers waiting in the queue rather than being free to serve the customers already seated. Due to this, the quality of the table service offered has fallen to abysmal levels. As the food remains great, take your meal to go, you might die waiting in the queue otherwise.

1  Thank Dexter P