“location and pub snacks”
Review of bunch of grapes

bunch of grapes
Ranked #4,780 of 24,420 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Description: Snuggled between the Shard and Borough Market, you’ll find the Bunch of Grapes, the coolest pub in London Bridge. Whether you’re going for that “one drink” after work; viewing the skyline of London Bridge from the Shard; or discovering the delights of Borough Market at the weekend; we are the perfect pit stop where you’ll end up staying, and missing your last train home!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

this pub is in a superb location in the Tower Hill area, it has also had its view improved recently as you can see the Shard when you stand at the door.

the beer here is good, it's London prices so dont expect a cheap pint.

the service is great, we got chatting to someone at the bar who it turned out worked there, he let us try a piece of this pastry with egg and sausage meat inside. it tasted great! nice and salty to make you buy more beer of course ;).

good pub!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Lovely pub, friendly staff, lovely food, no frills, but good honest food, one of the best dishes of squid I've ever had!!!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I like this pub, but it's not cheap, and time after time I have been served beers with unacceptable heads on them. When I have asked for a top up it is usually done slightly grudgingly.

I wonder if the staff, who are perfectly pleasant on the whole are under strict instruction from the management to underpour. Not acceptable at nearly £5/pint!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

A small pub in a cracking location near borough market and London bridge station. However whenever I have gone in the evening to meet my girlfriend after work I've had to climb over and weave in and out of people to get to the bar. And then negotiate my way through a sea of bodies to get to the smoking area. Going from 5-8 on a weekday is a write off if you are claustrophobic and don't like crowds. I wouldn't advise going in a large group as there is simply no space and neither for a quiet drink as you won't be able to hear yourself speak.
The quaint downstairs smoking area is a bright spark in an altogether average pub that charges high prices for ordinary drinks.

2  Thank Tom_Pears91
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This pub is just a short walk from the Shard. Unfortunately there isn't much on the menu for vegetarians - just one main course and that is a salad. I got round the issue by ordering three side dishes for lunch instead of a main course.

Plus points: service was friendly, helpful and prompt and the chips are great. In fact, when my chips arrived a woman came over to the table and asked if she could borrow my bowl of chips to show her mother! They met with the approval of this fussy lady and she ordered chips too!