“Great pizza, lovely service”

Villagio Restaurant
Ranked #2,412 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our menu includes a wide range of stone-baked pizzas, authentic Italian pastas and risottos, a selection of grill dishes and fresh salads, all served in a warm and family friendly environment.
UK
“Great pizza, lovely service”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The service at this restaurant is fantastic, and the food is great, prices are also very reasonable, would certainly visit if you are in the Hammersmith area and looking for somewhere to eat.

• Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Food poisoning and no response”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I had the seafood pasta and got food poisoning four hours later from what I suspect were uncooked prawns. I emailed the Hammersmith branch to speak to them about this with the address on their website but received no response - not exactly the experience I had expected! I have heard good reviews about the restaurant but after my trip was left feeling very dissapointed, and not too mention ill.

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Little Italy on Hammersmith”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Visited it for several times. Very attentive staff, especially administrator - Italian guy! He is ready to tell you everything about his native country. He adds more Italian atmosphere to this restaurant. They have the most tasty pizza!!! All other dishes are tasty too. Prices a little bit high (except from pizza 10 pounds for eat in and 6.50 for take way), but such tasty food deserves it. This restaurant became my one favorites. Thank you guys!

Visited July 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food, service, good price”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

this is located opposite the L'Oreal building and the food was good, price was good, service good, no complaints, would go back

Visited July 2014
Feltham, United Kingdom
“Villagio - our final visit .........”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Villagio in Hammersmith has been a regular dinner venue for our party of 10 or so - 9 on this occasion - for the last 4 years or so but, sadly, no longer. Whether there has been a recent change of chef or not, I am unsure. However, the increasingly downward quality of the food has led us to relocate for our next and future dinners to the nearby and newly opened Bill's Restaurant later this year. I would start my review by commending the waiting staff who were very friendly and attentive without being obtrusively so. We were very well looked after by our two waitresses. For them - 10 out of 10 - no question! They are a real asset to Villagio. However, meagre portion sizes were collectively disappointing and, in some cases, completely devoid of any taste. Waitress-suggested garlic breads and focaccia and ciabatta nibbles were delicious, indeed for some, the highlight of the meal! My starter of baked mushrooms and a 'spicy' tomato sauce consisted of 8 carefully arranged mushrooms and a pot of what appeared to be shop-bought sauce at a vastly overpriced £5.35. A colleague's tiger prawns were equally devoid of flavour - we shared! - quite an achievement in a relatively absorbent base ingredient. Calamari was limp and overly greasy - again, we shared. On to the mains. My chargrilled lamb steak, my favourite red meat, carefully requested as 'pink', was incinerated to crispness and a real challenge to the knife. Spaghetti Bolognese, a staple dish for any Italian restaurant, was virtually tasteless with overcooked, almost slimy spaghetti. Desserts of ice cream were considered fresh and flavoursome. House wines and draught Peronis were reasonably priced. Had it been down to one or two disappointing dishes, we might have chalked this visit up to a bad night. This previously encouraging restaurant has definitely taken a downward path over our last two visits. Villagio may rely too heavily on the nearby theatres and concert venues for its trade but, on a relatively warm Thursday night in summer, it was certainly not overly busy. My final review of this former 'quality' restaurant. Nothing stands still, I suppose ...........

• Visited July 2014