“Geat location. Bargain.”
Review of The County Hotel

The County Hotel
Ranked #521 of 930 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 31 October 2011

aI paid £29.50 for onev nights B&B. This was a fantastic price for such a good location. The room was very clean and had tea/coffee making facility, cable tv and a washbasin. The toilet and bath/shower were shared but were clean and well maintained. Breakfast was very nice but the room is small and you may have to wait for a table.
There is a bar off the reception area which also serves food. Free wifi is available in the reception area.
Highly recommended if you are on a tight budget.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank timttrotter

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Me and a mate stayed here in May for the FA Cup semi final, it's a nice cheap little hotel, very old, a bit scruffy, and a surprisingly small bunk bed room with sink and a shared bathroom but for what we needed it was great..clean sheets and a good night sleep. Heard someone wretching out of there window at 3am..but it was a saturday night..and it didn't keep me up for more than 2 minutes. Staff seemed fine, however we were told we couldn't check in for an hour after arriving at half elevenish..it was annoying as we were eager to dump our bags and head off to Wembley Stadium, but understand that our room probably wasn't ready.didn't stay for breakfast as we were up late to catch our train. I recommend only if you just want somewhere to hit the sack, you definatley wouldnt want to spend a city break in this hotel, or take your mrs here for a romantic one.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was wondering what to expect for £45 for a single room/ £59 for a twin in the middle of London...

This is not a luxury hotel. However, for half the standard price of Travelodge you get a basic but perfectly serviceable room in central London. And did I mention the price includes a full english breakfast!

I stayed for two nights while at a conference and thought that the hotel was excellent value for money. My main criticism is that it was quite noisy - both from traffic on the main road outside and from doors slamming within the hotel. However, I always take earplugs when I travel and these did the trick perfectly, meaning that I had a great night's sleep in a comfy bed.

The room was small but contained a single bed, desk, wardrobe and sink without feeling too crowded. There a small TV and also a kettle with tea and coffee making facilities. When the room was cleaned on the second day, these were replenished.

Ok, the decor could do with updating - a lick of paint and replacement of the interestingly patterned hotel carpet would work wonders. However the room was clean, as were the shared bathrooms and staff seemed to be checking on them regularly.

I couldn't describe the staff as friendly - however got they job done. I didn't go into the on-site bar but breakfast was good with a buffet style arrangement which included fruit, cereals and all you need for a full english.

So - if you're looking for a cheap room in a great location I would definitely recommend it! Great value and I will definitely be staying here again. However, I may choose to splash out the extra cash for somewhere a bit more special if I was going for a romantic weekend with my boyfriend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank happytravla99
Reviewed 30 October 2011

For people who wish to book the County Hotel near Euston Train Station in London forget it.

The outside of the hotel looks like a bomb as hit it, The windows are not double glazed and there is no bathrooms in the rooms. Warning DO NOT ENTER

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel for a weekend for about 59 GBP for a double room with shared bath and shower. The location was fantastic and very handy to anywhere in Central London. Euston and Russell Square station are just near the corner. For this prime location and being on a weekend, I would say the price we paid was fair enough. The breakfast was actually not bad. The bath and shower were cleaned to an acceptable standard. However, the room let us down a bit. The tea making facility was very poor and the cups, plates and kettle were filthy. Plus there were no spoons for tea making. The room was tidy at a first glance. But we got bed bugs in bed.

All in all, generally recommended for those looking for a reasonable priced hotel with good location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I have stayed recently at the County Hotel and Imperial Hotel both owned by the same firm. At one I had left some valuables at reception which were not there when I went to collect them. No one was available to speak to me at the hotel or at the Head Office and I resorted to phoning the police who came down to the hotel and still no one would speak to the police. On another occassion the tinned fruit being served was rancid. I called one of the waiters who took no notice and just walked away - I asked to speak to the restaurant manager and again I was told that no one was available to help me

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel unless you are on a very low budget
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2011

i used this hotel whenever i had work in london. i must have stayed here for about a year on and off in about 6 years. stayed for 3 months consecutively.
its a budget hotel, make no bones about it. foods cheap, booze is cheap. good location, 3 min walk from euston and 10mins from kings cross.
as a builder i know for a fact, that on a mon-fri this is a workers hotel, and the sinks that are located in the bedrooms are used as toilets.
tip....if you need a twin room, when checking in, state that you do NOT want a L-shaped room, as one of you will not be able to see the TV

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business