The County Hotel
Doubletree
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsimperial hotelsshared bathrooms and toiletsrussell squarecentral londonfull english breakfasttea and coffeewest endrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Last minute I needed a room so I checked in here. They charged me &£50 for a single room for 9 hours as check out was at 11am and I didn't book till around 2am.

Bed was uncomfy and pillows were stiff. Staff were rude and obnoxious. Clearly don't enjoy their jobs as they seemed to enjoy me paying over the odds for a disgustingly shabby room.

Window didn't close properly so there was a draft all night & I could hear all the traffic and noises London has to offer.

No plug sockets near the beds. They're by the desk which is opposite side of the room.

Would never come here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arran J
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I Recently stated at this hotel and I'm a repeat customer.
You get what you pay for £50.00 a night B&B in Russell Square/Bloomsbury is amazing value, I don't know what people are expecting for that.
The rooms are compact basic and clean , shared bathrooms on the corridors (4 rooms to 1 bathroom) this is a large budget hotel with 7 floors.

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never had a dirty room , the location is fantastic and great for solo travelers or those that do not spend too much time at their hotel or pay outrageous London hotel rates

i would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to for budget travelers in London, do not expect the ritz!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Maverick25
Reviewed 14 January 2014

booked this hotel for the price including rail fare,six girls on xmas shopping trip.first impression wondered what i'd let myself in for £135 two nights b/b. four rooms shared two bathrooms,which were cleaned regulary, but bedrooms were fithy worn carpets old furnature one socket that was no use because it was behind the tiny television with no remote.sheets clean but we did find mens underwear under the bed!!!! breakfast not bad but plates very small.bar shuts at 11. good chinease down the road,not far from town, train station round the corner.overall for what we paid it was good value but would i stop there again NO. ok for groups of stags.

Room Tip: ask for end room at the back less street noise
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Third time here and has improved with showers and toilets (shared) refurbished and new carpets to some of the rooms. Reception and porter service really helpful and great location just 3/4 mins from euston station and 20 min walk to oxford street or the strand. Front rooms are noisy with traffic but doesn't bother us so perhaps a room at back of hotel for the light sleepers. Room basic but clean and ideal for short stay . Room we had only had strip lighting so it's either like Blackpool or very dark. Perhaps a little bedside lamp would be a nicer touch instead of 3 fluorescent tubes. Breakfast is really good value but only if you have full English. Only £4 but make sure you get it on your paperwork as we had to pay extra despite requesting it through travel republic and after contacting the hotel. For £50 a night for two with a breakfast though it is amazing value . Only little thing was waiter at breakfast ( older guy with beard) behaved quite strangely towards two of our party ( young lads) who he seemed to think were a bit beneath him and he begrudgingly cleared their table. Definitely worth a try.

Room Tip: Add the full English breakfast only £4 and well worth it. Can leave your luggage on departure day for a £1 Get a slip of ripped up paper as a receipt!!! System works though.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Where do I start? No one working there smiles, a rapist would give a better greeting. Room was dirty, bed was uncomfortable and whole decor is majorly dated.

But there worst thing was the key. Not only was it an actual metal key, it was attached to a metal pole that was literally a foot long. WHY?!? What type of security devise is this? I left the hotel to get food with just my wallet and this key, where do I put it? Can't fit it in my pocket without stabbing myself in the guy with every step, can't hold it in my hand and look like 'that stance guy with the metal pole'

Do not stay here!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, do not pick a single room with a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo