All reviewsshared bathrooms and toiletsimperial hotelsrussell squarecentral londontea and coffeefull english breakfastwest endrail
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place was disgusting. the room had damp stains all over the place and a damp smell to go with it. we had requested a quiet room which we did not get due to there being a huge air-conditioning unit outside the window. The bed and room in general were crawling in bugs. We checked out within an hour of getting into our room after seeing the state on it. When I told the lady on reception she didn't seem bothered, she reacted like it happens all the time. Unfortunately after seeing the bed crawling with beds I just had to get out of there and didn't get the chance to take pictures, but I just wanted to get out of there and to another hotel so I could have a shower.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel_Kent
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every year over the past 10 years and have found it excellent value.
The staff are very helpful and very friendly
The full breakfast is excellent value
I will continue staying at this hotel for another 10 years

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank PeterGrange
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A colleague and I stayed here for two nights for a course. It was close to the course venue and by far the cheapest hotel in the area.
We booked a twin, but were pleasantly surprised to be asked if we would like singles for the same price. The rooms are basic - bed, sink, desk, wardrobe, tv, tea & coffee making facilities - but everything was clean and neat. Beds were made each day and towels changed, which was a nice touch.
The communal bathrooms were clean, and although the toilets could have done with a more frequent cleaning, they were not rank.
Breakfast was plentiful and self service.
All in all, what more could you ask for, for somewhere to lay your head?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Having read several not to flattering reviews of the county hotel I was a bit wary when booking, but there was football to watch and the tube strike made it impossible to return home the same night. The reception was clean and spacious the check in was efficient and easy. the twin room with shared bath was clean warm and exactly what you need for one night. We returned after the game and the porter was pleasant and gave us our key with minimal fuss. we had a decent nights sleep and the complimentary breakfast was warm and tasty. I cannot understand some of the complaints on this site about this hotel. my experience was positive and for £66 for a twin room with breakfast in the centre of the most expensive city out there was a bargain.

Room Tip: the higher the better for traffic noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bangorgooner
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the county hotel .the staff where helpful & friendly the room was clean & plenty of towels . the breakfast was lovely its been a long time since I have seen smoked haddock on a breakfast menu & all of it nice & hot We thought it was very good value for money will be back later this year. To all the hard working staff keep up the good work & Thank you for helping to make it a great weekend.

Room Tip: Higher room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple