“Well located, clean and good hotel”

Club Quarters Hotel St. Paul's
Ranked #351 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel is conveniently located by St Pauls Cathedral and close to both St Pauls underground and Mansion House stations.
The lobby is a little small, but the receptionist (Ken?) was very friendly and efficient, we managed to check into the room about 10.30 which was ideal. As my partner had been on a long flight from Florida.
The rooms were clean, and ok in size, especially for London standards. The hotel provided a US to UK converter which was good, as it saved us the hassle of having to shop for a new 1. The only negative in regards to the room was the bathroom. Which was ok, but nothing special. It was a basic shower and sink with a toilet in there. The floor seemed to always get drenched after we had taken a shower. Which made things slippy when we were out the shower.
The receptionist upon check out was also very good. We thought check out was 13.00, but actually was 12.00. And they allowed us extra time, aswell as holding our bags whilst we went out in the afternoon. We won this hotel on hotwire so had a good rate. I would probably return in the future as the location is good and the hotel meets all requirements.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickSFCB
Write a ReviewReviews (2,252)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our first try-out of the Club Quarters concept, which appears to be modest, clean hotel rooms in excellent locations.

Once we got on board with this 'modest room' premise, we were fine. At first, arriving after a difficult trip, we were a little thrown by the fact we had to check in at a self-service terminal, and that there was no way to have a cold drink sent up to the room. There are also no mini-bars or in-room refrigerators.

Since there was no safe in the room, I was glad I hadn't brought my laptop, although I did have to carry our passports around London for the weekend. If I visit this hotel again, I will leave all personal electronics at home.

Checked luggage for early arrivals or later departures is also not given particularly high security: when I came to pick up my suitcase, I was shown to a room full of checked luggage and allowed to take whatever I wanted.

The room itself was clean, well-kept and quiet, despite construction nearby. The location was excellent. Both tourist buses and local London buses stop right outside the front door.

Two tips: If you are coming from Gatwick Airport, take the First City Connect train directly to City Thameslink, which is only about 100 meters away from this hotel.

Secondly, if you are coming from Europe, bring a British conversion plug. Most London hotels now have sockets with the European two-prong plug, but our room did not.

Room Tip: We chose the least expensive room, which was extremely small: I measured 2 feet/30cm between the be...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night. Its a very nice hotel and very clean. A good location. Very suprised to find a guest room where you can help yourself to extra essentials such as pillows, toiletries and tea/coffee. I would stay again.

1  Thank misssk1980
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights, easy self-service check in, pleasant staff and a fantastic location made for a good weekend break. Great room rates offer a cheaper alternative to overly expensive 'box' rooms in the West End. The short walk past the Cathedral to the Tube is a pleasant way to start your day...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vaughan H
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My husband often stays in Club Quarters on business, & we've discovered that they are a great choice for city weekend stays (rates much higher weekdays). This one is just steps from St Paul's; near a tube stop; clean & quiet. No breakfast, but many other useful amenities.Free coffee, teas, fruit & bottled water in the lobby-- and even a free washer/dyer!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here three nights while he was a conference nearby. It was fine. The room was clean, comfy and safe, and the hotel has some good amenities but he was disappointed that it didn't have its own ironing board and iron, since this is something business travelers need. He used the common iron left in the hall closet and that was fine, but still, maybe every room should have a pull-down iron. The staff were nice but my particular questions seemed hard for them to answer. Breakfast was likewise nice. I only ate there once because there were some nice places nearby that were cheaper. The room service dinner we had our first night was terrific though!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Staff was very helpful and friendly. This hotel is located in a great place, literally right next to St. Paul's Cathedral. The rooms are nice and spacious, clean and the bed is comfy. Shopping, restaurants and the underground are right outside the door. Easy access to everything London has to offer.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side and very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo