“Comedy Hotel”

Ranked #313 of 1,088 Hotels in London
UK
“Comedy Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I booked this hotel through lastminute.com as my wife and I were staying in London for an event in December 2013, when we arrived at the hotel there had been a local power cut and the hotel had no emergency lighting about the 1st floor and there back up had failed with no maintenance man around!! They were handing out glow sticks for guest to see with!!
As we were going out and they could not supply the room I booked I accepted a smaller room £80 per night cheaper.
When we checked out I mentioned about the room difference and the cost I was told my contract was with Lastminute.com and they could do nothing. Before we got home me card had been charged the full about and after challenging lastminute.com they took 6 weeks to tell me my contract was with the hotel, so they still charged me £194.00 for a room listed on the hotel site at £119.
So be VERY aware lastminute.com is set up for the benefit of the hotels NOT the customers and the Club Quarters Hotel is dated, tired and to my experience not up to the mark on customer safety.

Room Tip: All rooms are dated but clean, it is a tourist hotel with little facilities and poor service.
2 Thank Gavin A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked the hotel for its closeness to the River and the view of the London's Eye. For this I would give it a five star!. It would be very good for London side-seeing as well, it is in a perfect spot. The room was not bad but noting special. It was very hot in the room, which was a bit uncomfortable during the night. Otherwise the experience was ok. I understand that it was New Year's eve but the prize we paid was too high for the quality of the accommodation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Recently enjoyed another delightful stay at the Club Quarters St Paul's London. The location is excellent within easy walking distance of many attractions (well my husband and I enjoy walking around London) and transport facilities via bus, or tube virtually on the door step.

Our rooms have always been nicely presented, clean with all necessary facilities.

All hotel staff are friendly and welcoming. Would highly recommend this hotel.

They also have gym facilities which we have never used.

The Cote Brasserie situatied directly below offers excellent quality breakfast, lunch and dinner menus.

Would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have previously stayed at Club Quarters and have been very satisfied but my stay on New Years Eve was disappointing. The rooms are clean and comfortable but very dated looking, the extractor fan was making a noise all night and there was a big gap underneath the door which let in a lot of light. There also was no fridge and very limited coffee/tea making equipment. The hotel is a excellent location and probably the best thing about my stay. For the money I paid Club Quarters needs to upgrade there rooms. I was disappointed with my stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed for two nights in December. Best thing about this hotel is the location. If you need be near the City (as against Westminster) then the location is fantastic. As you walk out the front door St Paul's Cathedral is there, visible to your left. If you want to go into Central London then it is about 20 minutes walk down Ludgate hill via Fleet St. (Taxi about £6-7 when there is little traffic). St Paul's Tube stop is close by too, and the Central Line will take you right into Central London. Other great features about this hotel are: (1) free WIFI (no extra charge like some hotels); (2) Service Cupboard (filled with tings like spare pillows, irons, ironing boards); (3) by the elevators are free water machines, you take a bottle and just fill up, a feature which I really liked; (4) complementary use of ipads apparently, according to a sign in the elevator, although we didn't ask for one; (5) good tech in the room (there is an ipod docking station if you want to listen to music, TV, USB charger etc. (6) reasonably good desk, with a small bookshelf (that even had some books on it too (in our room an encyclopedia, dictionary and some books about London). The service from the staff was fantastic too - friendly and very helpful. I have stayed in lots of hotels and this one was clean and quiet, but it was the service and convenience in particular that made me give this place a good review. I would definitely consider this place again when I come back to the City of London.

2 Thank Pidge335
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for three nights last September. There were three of us so we got the junior suite in one of the upper floors so it was great. It's not very inexpensive as I had thought but I had wanted a good stay for my family in a nice location while in London so I picked this one and I was not disappointed. Certainly there are more expensive hotels or cheaper hotels but this serves my needs very well. The WiFi was great and checkout was a breeze since you can do it on your own. The location was perfect for us - right beside St Paul's cathedral, M&S store, cafes and restaurants. The bus stop is right outside and the tube stations are not very far. My husband has since stayed here for business and while he has a different opinion, overall, we would probably stay here again for convenience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LuieLuie
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed on the 6-7 of Decemeber.
Would like to thank desk staff Adam who was most accommodating when it came to adding an Italian V.A.T. number to our invoice which they don't usually do.
And Tadas who made sure we had everything we needed during our stay.
Comfortable, quiet hotel right next to Trafalgar square.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family