Club Quarters Hotel St. Paul's
Doubletree
US$330
US$244
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$371
US$353
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
2,318 results
All reviewspaul's cathedralcote brasserieludgate hillgreat locationcity thameslinkmillennium bridgefree bottled watertate modernlounge areabusiness hotelthin wallstube stationgood sizebusiness tripcentral linecoffee machinesouth bank
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here last Saturday night and it was fine. Check in was uneventful, I got upgraded to a huge king bed in room 414. Very, very comfy.

The room is well equipped with all the comms, power, TV, tea, coffee and water you could want. Nice shower room with easy control shower (why can't more hotels make it simple) and good toiletries.

The AC worked fine and the view from my pillow of St Paul's in the spring sunshine couldn't have been a better wake up on Sunday.

As I said there's plenty of coffee in the room but also a great coffee machine in the lounge. Check out was uncomplicated and all in all it delviers exactly what I expected.

Room Tip: Room 414 has a good view of St Pauls although not good enough for a photo opp.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for four nights and enjoyed our stay. Expensive but then that's London prices.The hotel was very clean, excellent staff and in a prime location alongside St.Pauls Cathedral. We had a one bedroom apartment which was quite spacious and contained everything that one would need for basic self catering. Although stated suitable for three adults the sofa bed in the lounge was more than adequate for our two grown-up daughters. This is quite an unusual concept as there is a club lounge offering free soft drink including tea and coffee etc but no wines or spirits. It is very much geared towards the business man/woman as the lounge has many working stations and the free soft drinks are not available over the weekend,The apartment was serviced daily and provided the usual hotel provisions.Attached to and part of the hotel was a café which provided very good food and at reasonable prices.Their three course lunch at £11.95 was good value. All in all a lovely place to stay and would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: Our apartment overlooking the small courtyard at the rear of the building and was lovely and quiet.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Really fantastic hotel. I was travelling with two children, our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The kitchenette area was a great bonus with kids.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, and we were able to leave our luggage before we checked in, and also after check out as we were not leaving London until late afternoon.
The location is spot on, very central to tourist spots, and lots of good places to eat nearby.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and I will definately return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank taraPembrokeshire
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I really hate to give this hotel such a low rating. I used to enjoy and look forward to staying there. However my last two stays have changed that. When I was there in Feb I was in a room and everything was cool. Then I had to check out to take a side trip to Cardiff. When I came back I was given a room on the far wing. I turned the heat on, and that's where the trouble started. The heat just kept blasting. Numerous calls to staff, they kept insisting that it was the way the heat was configured; when the temp was below 20 outside it only stayed on full heat, not matter what the thermostat was set at. If that's the case why did my earlier room (and rooms on 5 previous stays) have a functioning thermostat? I swtiched rooms, to no avail, same problem. Thought about it later, both the bad rooms were far out on the wing. Surmised that had something to do with it. Fast forward to last week. First room they gave me was on the wing. Thermostat was working fine when I went to bed. was awakened at 2 AM with the heat blasting away, drenched in sweat. Turned it off but the damage was done; with a roasting hot room I got next to no more sleep and was sleepwalking through my important meeting the next day. Went back the next day and requested a move to a room closer to the elevator. Bingo: thermostat works again. Funny how that works. So I guess get a room as close to the center as you can. But who really knows. In general the antiquated climate control doesnt work too great even when the thermostat functions properly. I was still getting up middle of the night to adjust it.

As I said, wonderful staff, as others have said good working setup with desk, ergo chair, monitor, etc. If not for the possessed climate control I'd give it 4 stars easy, maybe even 5. But climate control is pretty damn important in a city like London so there you go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gttheo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel really enhanced our recent overnight stay: central, smart and clean, comfortable bed, well equipped bathroom. Provision of fresh drinking water on each floor, and the ground floor lounge area with free, fresh tea and coffee, was a refreshing alternative to the sad sachets and small bottles of water generally provided in the individual rooms (although you could make drinks there, too). The lounge was very comfortable, with tv, internet access, and newspapers provided.
Definitely a first choice for future stays.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple