“Fantastic hotel!!”

and 1 more site!
West Ham United Hotel
Ranked #674 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My sis booked this for a birthday surprise to London and I have to say it was fantastic. The car parking was the main attraction obviously not wanting to bring a car into the centre of London. The rooms were really modern and well furnished and the view is second to none overlooking the pitch. I have to say the fact that the doors could not be opened didn't bother me in the slightest and I would be prone to claustraphobia. Our TV wouldn't come on on the first day so we reported this and it was fixed straight away - no problems. The reception staff were always helpful in giving directions and with our requests for iron, ironing board etc. Breakfast was really top notch. Variety of fresh juices, fruit, yoghurts, bread and all the usual hot breakfast requirements. Waiting staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. We didn't eat dinner in ths hotel, we ate out most nights and one night ordered dominios pizza to be delivered. The tube station is a five minute walk away. Would definitely recommend this hotel - we stayed here for 3 nights - only thing I can say is if you go during football season be prepared to be woken by the groundsmen mowing the lawn around 8 am in the morning! Fascinating to watch but not so good for those that love a lie in

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed at the West Ham United hotel for a stay in London for our wedding anniversary. To be perfectly honest I was a bit dubious prior to our stay, my husband being an avid football fan, was very keen! But I read the reviews and they were mostly favourable, so I thought why not. I was very pleasantly surprised. On checking in we were a little early but that didn't present a problem, the lady on the desk was lovely. Our room which doubles an an executive box on matchdays was lovely, modern and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the area was very quiet so a good nights sleep was almost guaranteed .. apart from the fire alarm going off very early on the Sunday morning for a minute or two, due to another guest having a fly cigarette I'm guessing, that's pretty much what we had. There is a bar as well serving drinks and food although we didn't sample the food. Breakfast was an eat as much as you like cooked buffet, also cereals and toast. The lady who worked in the dining room was lovely too topping up coffee, teas and toast. For the quality of the hotel and the money, it's not a big hardship to jump on the tube, ten minutes or so out of central London and have a restful nights sleep. We didn't want to pay a fortune for a central hotel, that we weren't really going to be spending that much time in. So for quality, value and a novel approach to an overnight stay in London, you could do a lot worse than try out the West Ham United hotel, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank mrsmarydoll1988
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This is the perfect treat for any Hammer! I took my fella for his birthday, we went down on a friday and stayed until the saturday to watch a match. (Although doing that, you have to move your car for the players/staff). The staff were really helpful. The room was great, looking out onto the pitch and you can get to anywhere in London from Stratford which is a 10min bus ride away from literally over the road from the ground! Perfect! You will love it!

Room Tip: Any that look onto the pitch!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Stayed here a few times and always been great but i am a West Ham fan :)
Rooms are good value, local b&b's dont compare for similar price and if you are a football fan you will love, even if you dont support the mighty Hammers, the England memorabilia on the walls walking up the stairs is Legendary, especially Bobby Moore's shirts. Go for the Family / Disabled rooms at the ends of the corridors if you want a large room. Breakfast is great and in a good room but a bit quiet surroundings, would have preferred a few West Ham anthems in the background.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We booked this hotel as it was the only one we could find with vacancies during the Paralympic Games. We booked it a year in advance!

When we arrived reception were ok but we got the feeling that we were just an inconvience. It's not easy to find your room because they are basically excutive boxes so have the sponsors name next to each room which they don't warn you about so we thought we were in the wrong coridor at first, it was only after that, we noticed that the room numbers were there too but not as prominant as the sponsors name.

When we eventually found our room, it was a double with a 'put you up' bed and we'd booked a twin! I immediately went down to reception to complain and the receptionist said there was nothing they could do. So I made a fuss and eventually they phoned the manager who swapped us with some other unsuspecting punter yet to arrive.

Now I know mistakes are made and that's fine but it's how they are resolved that matter. I shouldn't have had to make a fuss to get it resolved. I had booked that room a year ago and to be given a put you up folding bed was totally unacceptable.

The rooms and bathrooms are fine but the lack of waldrobe is an issue, but I knew about that in advance.

They were supposed to be fully booked but in our three day stay we didn't see another customer which seemed very weird.

I don't think I would stay there again. Nothing really wrong with the rooms I just like to be considered a valued customer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gas700girl
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Clean, comfortable rooms spoiled for me by being unable to open the window. I know this is a safety issue but don't think it is insurmountable to allow the window to be opened enough to let the passge of a little air!! Air conditioning in hotel rooms is always annoyingly loud and leaves you freezing in the early hours. I always have the bedroom window open a bit at home, both winter and summer, and I felt claustrophobic shut in as we were even though it wasn't a particularly warm night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed at West Ham United hotel for 2 nights with my daughter. It wasn't really a hotel room, more a VIP-box with beds and facilities. But that was no problem.
The staff was helpful and friendly, and it was clean and tidy all around.
The air conditioner in our room was not grat, but I am sure that was just a coincidence.
The location of the hotel meant we had to change subway line on our way to downtown London, but this was only a minor inconvenience.
All in all we were quite pleased with our stay, and the price we paid was unbeatable in London.

I wish they would introduce European electric wall sockets, as I found no way to charge my phone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Ibis London Barking
Ruskin Hotel
#622 of 1,078 in London
Viking Hotel
#764 of 1,078 in London

Been to West Ham United Hotel? Share your experiences!