“A bit disappointed...”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamie's Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,192 of 23,392 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I came here for dinner with my mom. The restaurant was a bit hard to find so we had to call the restaurant to explain where it is exactly. Service was nice and the atmosphere was friendly. It was crowded and good thing I had a reservation otherwise I don't believe I would find a seat. Now, the food was not a that impressive. I had a roasted duck breasts and my mom had veal milanese for mains among other things. Meat was a bit dry and some of it tasteless. Also, prices were too high. Not for everybody.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

very busy even at 5pm on a Sat, but we got a table straight away. Lovely food, very good service and perfect to head off to theatre afterwards. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I went here with 4 friends as I was going on maternity leave and so we all met for dinner.

We had a drink in the bar each. I had a Virgin mojito, which I didn't realise at the time but was £8.00. The same as my friends champagne cocktail. I think they are exploiting people that don't drink as there is no reason a non alcoholic drink should cost that.

The service was amazing and the food was really nice. There were 2 things that they didn't have on the menu because they had sold out and we only got there at 6pm and it was empty so that was a surprise. I had the 'worlds best olives' as my starter and they are lovely. I then had roasted cod and that was also lovely. The veal looked really nice and was huge.

We each had 1 drink, a starter and a main course and it was £52 each! Now that surprised me because I have been before and am positive it wasn't that expensive.

I probably wouldn't go back unless it was a special occasion as its not a posh restaurant but the prices make you think it is. I guess you are paying for Jamie's name but to me that's not why in went. I went because I had the most amazing pasta last time, unfortunately it wasn't on the menu this time.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Do I think it is worth the visit - no quite. Service was very good however the food was nothing special and did not have that "Italian home cooking" type theme. Actually found the prices expensive especially if you have a glass of wine. Try elsewhere.

1  Thank SydneyTraveller_2008
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Moderate to high price items with aren't worth half the price you pay for it. Except for the location and the decor, there isn't anything positive I can say about them. Portions are very small. Food is not very tasty. Their potatoes are more salt and less potatoes. If you are vegetarian then avoid this like the plaque. I am sure you can find Steak restaurants with better choices.