“Inconsistent quality of food”

Annapurna Restaurant
Ranked #4,444 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Annapurna Restaurant is one of Chiswick's oldest and most successful family owned restaurant in the heart of West London. Established by the Ahmed & Sons family in 1970 Arguably Annapurna is one of London's most awarded Indian Restaurant; Annapurna has gained a reputation for its traditional yet creative finest Indian cuisine. Much of Annapurna's achievements are to the credit of Mr Ahmed who has been driving force behind the popularity of Annapurna. The freshest spices and ingredients available ensure his Bangladeshi Indian style cuisine never disappoints. We use fresh ingredients in all our dishes. Our vegetables, fish and meat are sourced locally from reputed suppliers thereby supporting our local community. Our philosophy is to create dishes from carefully selected ingredients to achieve the best Indian taste.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I ordered a few dishes from this restaurant once & the food was delicious so I ordered from here again a few weeks later, very poor quality. The veggie dishes had no flavour, the tikka masala was horrible & the meat quality was poor. I will not order from here again.

2  Thank meredith02360

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I love this place for its old-school (1980s) charm and it reminds me of eating in Indian Restaurants as a child. Don't get me wrong: this is a very good thing.

I have been here at least 5 times and it's always very good food and service. I admit I am not that adventurous and would not go here for subtle / trendy Indian fayre, but if you're after a good curry, and the retro desert menu (which includes 'Lemon Surprise' and 'Coconut Surprise') this place does't disappoint.

I have always found the staff very friendly and courteous too.

1  Thank katielips
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Four of us went to eat here after a barman in Chiswick recommended it to us. Service was friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our food considering it was a busy Saturday night. Good choice of dishes, reasonably priced, we enjoyed it a lot. Decor is very dated but I would come back here just for the food.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The Annapurna has apparently been on this site for over 40 years and some of the timeless dishes served such as Tarka Daal will have been on the menu all that time. What has modernised beyond the pleasant decor and ambiance is the execution in the kitchen. Over salted dishes swimming in oil are a thing of the past.

A vegetable thalli was a perfectly balanced meal. King prawn pathia, channa masala and brinjal bhaji were all tasty with delicate spicing. Nice paratha wholemeal flatbread.

We found the service relaxed, well paced, friendly and genuinely caring. If you want innovation go elsewhere, here things are perennially predictable and reliable.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Well done TripAdvisor contributors who recommended this place and made it the number one choice in Twickenham! We had tickets for the Barbarians v. Fiji match and were looking for somewhere good to eat afterwards before our group parted for their separate destinations and this fitted the bill well, even if it was a bit of a walk from the stadium. The Nepalese theme to the restaurant was interesting and a bit different to other curry houses. One of our party is Indian and he found it new and different. There was a longish wait for the signature house dish called Royal Annapurna, which we were warned about by our waiter, but it was worth the wait. The dish consisted of king prawns stuffed inside chicken breasts and prepared with a delicately spiced and creamy rich sauce that was delicious. The other dishes chosen by our group were also very good.
Definitely a place to return to we we are next in Twickenham.