“Outstanding food”

Ranked #4,210 of 23,024 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Annapurna Restaurant is one of Chiswick's oldest and most successful family owned restaurant in the heart of West London. Established by the Ahmed & Sons family in 1970 Arguably Annapurna is one of London's most awarded Indian Restaurant; Annapurna has gained a reputation for its traditional yet creative finest Indian cuisine. Much of Annapurna's achievements are to the credit of Mr Ahmed who has been driving force behind the popularity of Annapurna. The freshest spices and ingredients available ensure his Bangladeshi Indian style cuisine never disappoints. We use fresh ingredients in all our dishes. Our vegetables, fish and meat are sourced locally from reputed suppliers thereby supporting our local community. Our philosophy is to create dishes from carefully selected ingredients to achieve the best Indian taste.
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We have been visiting annapurna for 6 years. The bench mark for all other Indian food is this restaurant. The garlic chicken (not on the menu) is quite simply the best meal we have ever had. We travel long distances for this meal.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent local restaurant in a sea of bland chain restaurants”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Recently having returned from working overseas happy to enjoy another great curry at Annapurna. As usual greeted warmly by the brothers, left it up to them to choose, I simply asked for a wet, medium spiced chicken curry, and they delivered. Excellent. Always is, and I suspect whilst this remains a family business it will remain an excellent restaurant. Thinking on this - it probably was one of the best curries I have ever eaten.

• Visited April 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great food, service a little slow”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The waiters were very accommodating but were slow to take our order and there were very long gaps between courses. However, the food was delicious. Starters; onion bhajis and chicken tikka were delicate and flavoursome. The mains; Lamb dopiaza and chicken madras were cooked to perfection and the meat was very tender. The house red was pleasant and reasonably priced. We will eat here again.

• Visited April 2014
boston, ma
“Inconsistent quality of food”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I ordered a few dishes from this restaurant once & the food was delicious so I ordered from here again a few weeks later, very poor quality. The veggie dishes had no flavour, the tikka masala was horrible & the meat quality was poor. I will not order from here again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank meredith02360
London, United Kingdom
“For when you need an old-school Indian Meal”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I love this place for its old-school (1980s) charm and it reminds me of eating in Indian Restaurants as a child. Don't get me wrong: this is a very good thing.

I have been here at least 5 times and it's always very good food and service. I admit I am not that adventurous and would not go here for subtle / trendy Indian fayre, but if you're after a good curry, and the retro desert menu (which includes 'Lemon Surprise' and 'Coconut Surprise') this place does't disappoint.

I have always found the staff very friendly and courteous too.

• Visited January 2014