“The Real Frozen Strawberry Margarita”
Review of Cafe Mexicali

Cafe Mexicali
Ranked #7,184 of 24,017 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

me and my friends went there for birthday celebration.. After a nice mexican meal we had a few cocktails for each of us.. It was amazing experience.. I can tell that they have The Best Real Frozen Strawberry Margarita. We have really enjoyed there.. The atmosphere and music for the people whoever want to have a party.. Also staff are very friendly.. We will definetely go back..really recommended.

1  Thank TheEmenike

Reviewed 2 September 2013

They have the best Nachos I have ever eaten.. also staff are very friendly...Thanks for all...
Yeahhh
Good Food. Good Cheer. Good Times.

1  Thank meganmerall
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The ambience is cosy and authentic. The chilli is the best chilli I have ever had. The portions are generous, consistently good food consistently good quality. Definitely worth a visit as food is very reasonably priced. The staff are lovely too

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Perfectly nice local restaurant. Nothing very special though . Food an entirely standard selection of burritos, tacos, chilli con carne etc. Staff friendly and restaurant colourful if not always very busy.

Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

We were only in the area of Finsbury park for one night and have never been to this part of London before. We looked at trip advisor and found that this little gem is rated approx 200 out of 10,000ish hotels! Not a bad effort we thought, so off we went. Brilliant evening. Very authentic surroundings and although it looks small from outside, it's like a tardis! Agree with previous comments on the nachos which were brilliant. The smokey BBQ sauces were amazing and all of our food was delicious and hot, could have been spicier but I bet if I'd asked they would have done that. My only slight niggle was that we really wanted to spread the evening out a bit. It wasn't busy with lots of tables available but the waitress was a little 'hovering' and the courses were served very quickly in succession. Maybe they can't win! Some would want quick service like that, whereas we were happy to chat and make an evening of our meal. The desserts went down well with my husband and kids, and my cocktail was lovely. We had a great night and my teenager who thought we should go into the centre of London was really pleased with my decision not to in the end! Thank you Mexicali :)