Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommercial roadshadwell stationpancake machinebrick lanestarbucks coffeeminute walkexecutive roomnice hotelcanary wharflate at nightbus stoptrafalgar squarebooked this hoteltower bridgewould stay againwest endeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A truly peaceful place in the heart of London. Only one DLR stop from The City. In that particular hotel you can find nice and family atmosphere. If you are wondering if you should book your stay in London in that hotel - don't hesitate, just do it!!!

Room Tip: There is no need to reserve any specific rooms. In the evening, the streets around the hotel are quiet.
1  Thank Lukasz_discoverer
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for the fantastic recommendation! Its always great to have such feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After trying a number of hotels east of the City of London when I stayed for business, I found the Holiday Inn - it was so good I ended up staying most weeknights for over eight months.

It is a quality hotel, with excellent friendly staff and proved very good value for money. I stayed in a number of other hotels in the area, including some 5* establishments and was more than happy to stay at the HI.

A number of reviewers have noted that the area isn't that great - it is run down but in my experience it is very safe. The DLR is literally 2 minutes walk away (I timed it) and is served by very frequent trains into Bank. A quick change and you're walking in Oxford Street within 15 minutes from hotel door to designer shops. I actually used the bus service mainly, as the stop is outside the hotel and gets into the City of London very quickly.

There is a good Turkish restaurant across the street, and a well known Pakistani restaurant 5 minutes walk away (Lahore Kebab House) that is downmarket, but serves excellent food. It is busy every night of the week which is a pretty good indicator of its quality.

The vast majority of reviews on this site are 5* - as a long term stayer, I can only confirm they are accurate.

2  Thank GlynOld

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments. Its great to hear the team are offering a service that is consistent over an extended period of time.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Enjoyed staying here for business visit in the area. Hotel a bit of a haven in a not so nice area, although didn't feel nervous at all. Polish bar man kept the place ticking over and was always very friendly and competent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments. Im pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that the team made it a comfortable one for you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Standard Holiday Inn setup, really. Everything was in good repair and clean, and the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I can't recommend them highly enough.

My wife and I stayed for a concert at the O2 Arena, and we had reservations about returning from Shadwell DLR station at night through the local area. We didn't have any problems whatsoever but I could see some people being nervous with the walk. There's other transport options available; don't let that put you off the hotel.

If I have a reason to return to the area then I'll happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher the better, but in some rooms (601 for us) you can hear the lift at night. The other rooms probably have street noise though so the choice is yours.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Darren H, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your stay with us. I was pleased you found the hotel comfortable and the service you received from the front desk team highly recommendable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Did the walk from whitechapel station at 9pm alone - fortunately it was light but it still felt a bit unsafe and I would hate to have done it in the dark. Once inside the hotel though I thought it was good - comfy bed, large room, decent bathroom. And then in the morning breakfast was excellent. Wish I'd spotted the pancake machine sooner though and I might stay again just so I can investigate how on earth this works!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lozza1uk

Dear Lozza1uk, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your stay with us. I was pleased to read you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed your breakfast. You really must return to try our pancakes.. cooked fresh for you at the touch of a button! I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hearing your feedback on the pancakes... which I know you will love!