“One of the best Holiday Inns I've ever stayed in!”

Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel
Ranked #179 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

A brand new, modern, stylish Holiday Inn that I simply could not fault! I stayed in a twin room with my mother and we were so impressed at how lovely it was - amazing bathroom and great room service menu! What I found truly wonderful however was breakfast and customer service. One of the few holiday inns I've been to where the breakfast is constantly restocked and you can even get fresh pancakes! We were also offered a free drink each on our arrival due to my mum being a gold club member (even though the free drink should've only been for her) and reception were very helpful at ordering us a prompt, professional and inexpensive taxi for our dinner that night!
So so impressed with this hotel and for the price we payed (£139) I simply cannot fault it with good reason. The only minor things I can think of are location, which can't be avoided, and I found the beds a little less comfortable than I would've liked however I put this down to my personal back problems rather than the hotel! Amazing stay, you've restored my faith in Holiday Inns! Thank you!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jade C
James D, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for such a great review and I'm so pleased you found your stay so enjoyable. The team take customer service very seriously so to hear feedback such as yours is fantastic. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here 2 nights on business, and it is an easy stroll form Shadwell tube station. Check in was a breeze, I bought 2 breakfast vouchers (always cheaper than buying online) and I had been given a room upgrade.
I have to say that this is one of the quietest London hotels I've stayed in - not a squeak. The room was high spec, and comfortable. Breakfast was the usual holiday inn effort - hot buffet and continental, but does the trick. If I had any niggles it would be:
Wi fi is not great - they give you a number to ring, but its not free on mobiles.
The pillows! they are really flat and tired looking. Get some decent pillows.

1  Thank Agammemnon

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and found the rooms spacious and most importantly quite! Thank you for your feedback on WiFi, we have since found a fault with the system which is slowing the service down at peak times which we are addressing. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for oh one night but the location was great and given free Starbucks coffees on our arrival
The staff were great in many ways including polite attentive I treated us with great warmth and enthusiasm I have not experienced.
The room was comfortable the bed was firm and a good night sleep ensured
Breakfast was good in terms if presentation and delivery
Extra time to check out too

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments and I'm gladded you enjoyed your free Starbucks. Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This wasn't the best place to stay in, I stayed here as it wasn't too far from my brothers place and was quite cheap. The transport links are pretty good but the are wasn't great a lot of shouting at all hours in the streets etc.

There was no bacon at breakfast and the staff weren't as welcoming as hoped although, they did order us a takeaway as we got there very late due to severe train delays.

The room was clean and facilities were ok.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Whitechapel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear S-K-Barnsley,

Thank you for staying and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased with your kind comments regarding our rooms. Please accept our sincere apologies if we have fallen short of your expectations when it comes to breakfast served. I have taken note of your feedback including the noise levels you have experienced. This will be used towards our improvement so we can provide you with a more satisfying stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night for a theatre trip to London.
We weren't too sure what is was going to be like because of it's location but what a wonderful place to stay.
The room we had was spacious, clean & well equipped. Very quite at night so slept very well.
The breakfast was great. Lots of choice from the buffet from fruit to a full English!!
The entire staff were very welcoming & nothing was too much trouble.
If we go back to London for another overnight stay this will be the first choice that's for sure.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments and Im pleased we are now your first choice London hotel. This is the biggest compliment anyone could give us.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A truly peaceful place in the heart of London. Only one DLR stop from The City. In that particular hotel you can find nice and family atmosphere. If you are wondering if you should book your stay in London in that hotel - don't hesitate, just do it!!!

Room Tip: There is no need to reserve any specific rooms. In the evening, the streets around the hotel are q...
1  Thank Lukasz_discoverer

Thank you for the fantastic recommendation! Its always great to have such feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After trying a number of hotels east of the City of London when I stayed for business, I found the Holiday Inn - it was so good I ended up staying most weeknights for over eight months.

It is a quality hotel, with excellent friendly staff and proved very good value for money. I stayed in a number of other hotels in the area, including some 5* establishments and was more than happy to stay at the HI.

A number of reviewers have noted that the area isn't that great - it is run down but in my experience it is very safe. The DLR is literally 2 minutes walk away (I timed it) and is served by very frequent trains into Bank. A quick change and you're walking in Oxford Street within 15 minutes from hotel door to designer shops. I actually used the bus service mainly, as the stop is outside the hotel and gets into the City of London very quickly.

There is a good Turkish restaurant across the street, and a well known Pakistani restaurant 5 minutes walk away (Lahore Kebab House) that is downmarket, but serves excellent food. It is busy every night of the week which is a pretty good indicator of its quality.

The vast majority of reviews on this site are 5* - as a long term stayer, I can only confirm they are accurate.

2  Thank GlynOld

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments. Its great to hear the team are offering a service that is consistent over an extended period of time.