“Local Gem- Great Food, Friendly Staff, Low Prices”
Review of Pie Crust

Pie Crust
Ranked #1,219 of 23,226 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My girlfriend and I live in the area and always walk by and wonder why the place is so full as it looks rather rundown from the outside and appears to be a greasy spoon that serves Thai, however after reading the reviews online we had to try it and boy were we not disappointed. This will now become our regular local Thai place.

We arrived at around 9pm on a Friday night and were quickly seated after a friendly greeting. The place is very basic- laminated menus with prices written on and old worn out tables but the restaurant was full and the atmosphere very happy and relaxed. The prices are beyond cheap for London. House red wine 9 quid a bottle, starters around 5 quid and mains all less than 10. The food was delicious- chicken dumplings, pork toast and spring rolls for starters were awesome and garlic chicken, pad thai and beef and oyster sauce for mains were all wonderful and well-prepared.

All this food came plus service came to 50 quid!

You cant judge a book by its cover and you certainly cant judge this restaurant by appearances. The food and service are lovely and it is such a good value. I look forward to making this our local Thai.

2  Thank Ryan G
There are newer reviews for Pie Crust

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Recently moved to the area and given the amazing reviews we thought we had to give Pie Crust a try.

First impressions not great, with numerous ants crawling along the table. The mixed starter for two was mediocre but fine.

The worst bit was the main courses - Thai Green Curry had a 1cm-long piece of glass in it. Absolutely shocked. I took it straight to the waitress - not exactly overflowing with apologies but they brought a replacement. Spoilt the evening.

The bill came and to my amazement they'd charged us for the curry. On our way out I went up to the waitress and said how disappointed I was that they'd charged us, and got a mumbled response back about how they'd at least brought us a replacement, as though they'd done us some sort of favour.

Cannot understand the attraction of this place. Clearly popular but the service / decor / food are decidedly sub-par. For the same price there's a decent Italian up the road (Mondo) and plenty of others.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great food at reasonable prices - the set menu for lunch is cheep and convenient.

Sue does a great job of remembering your name and making you feel welcome.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I am so pleased to have discovered the Pie Crust at the recommendation of friends with whom I dined there last week. The food was fantastic, the quantities large and the menu extensive. My only regret is not to have discovered it before. Despite what others have seemed to imply, wines and beers are available. And don't be put off by the somewhat careworn transport café appearance. You won't regret dining at the Pie Crust. I'm told it's best to reserve a table at weekends though we didn't bother on a Tuesday.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went to a birthday dinner last night and really loved it! It might not be the most appealing building from the outside but it is a real authentic and family run Thai restaurant. In fact, if you don't look out the window you could almost feel like you're somewhere in Thailand with the simplistic decor and the pictures on the walls.
They made us feel very welcome and the food was very good! My green curry with prawns was delicious and even though I was full I couldn't help but finish it all!
I will certainly make the trip to Stratford again just to go and enjoy their food!