“Quite simply one of the best burgers I've had ever.”

Byron Charing Cross
Ranked #674 of 23,392 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This review is of the Byron at the O2 Arena.
I visited the Byron while my partner and daughter attended a concert at the O2 so it wasn't busy at the time.
The service was prompt, attentive and all the staff seemed happy and were smiling at customers and making conversation as they walked around.

I knew what I wanted, the Ronaldo burger which is described thus:
"Two 6oz hamburgers, crispy smoked bacon, American cheese, buttered onions, crispy fried onions, pickles, American mustard and ketchup".
I chose it without the pickles or the ketchup.

Despite the fact that the menu states all burgers are cooked medium, I was asked how I wanted it cooked. I chose medium.

It didn't take long to arrive and it was simply one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. I've had quite a few burgers in America in the past and have never been too impressed as they tend to focus on quantity rather than quality but this was a combination of both. The double burger was plenty big enough and the flavour tingled my taste buds in just the right way.

It was cooked perfectly, pink in the middle but not dripping blood and the texture of everything combined was spot on.

I didn't have a starter or desert, they weren't needed.

Total cost of the burger and a drink was just over £15. It's not the cheapest but I think it was great value.

I can thoroughly recommend Byron at the O2. I have no specific plans to return but if I go back there, I'll certainly be heading to the same restaurant again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I did eat in several branches of Byron now. I can say that the burger is always a winner. The meat is cook perfectly, juicy, soft and red in the middle but not bloody.
The only advice that I can give is to avoid the fried veggies, like onion and courgettes. Personally they were too oily for my taste.
Service is always very friendly and quick, so overall a good experience and also a good balance between price and quality.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived with 30 minutes before curtain up at theatre next door. The waiter was so helpful and efficient and cheerful. The food took 10 minutes to arrive as he promised and he brought the bill in the meantime. The burgers were excellent as were the chips and salad and house red wine. And it was so reasonably priced for the quality and location. Fabulous!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Shaftesbury Avenue site quiet when I arrived at 13.05. Ordered AR 13.15 and Byron burger and chips took 30 mins on a Tuesday lunchtime. Worse still, I was on my own on table but 7-8 Chinese people were pu to the table next to me in an empty-ish restaurant so I ate my meal with my chair kicked, people getting up and down,people standing over my table while sorting kids out, etc. Not clever and the tables need to be more spaced. Also toilets very tight for room - seems to be a feature!

Service was pleasant - my waitress was friendly which sometimes does not happen in London., Food was fairly good. Just the environment and service time that lacked.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

fantastic value, great atmosphere and the best burgers i have ever eaten. Staff very friendly and obliging