“Very small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Colchis Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Colchis Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: Colchis Bar & Restaurant, which will celebrate Georgian food and wine, will be opening in, Notting Hill, London. The menu has been conceived by Georgians, and as in Georgia, will centre around wine, which will include choices from Georgia, as well as small, interesting producers from around the world. Situated at the crossroads of East and West, Georgian food is reminiscent of both Mediterranean and Middle Eastern tastes, the result of a rich interplay of culinary ideas carried along the trade routes by merchants and travellers.
London
“Very small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

For Georgian standard portions are small. Food is tasty but expencive as well as wine. Did not have tarragon lemonade. For average Londoner it does not worth the money. Other Georgian restaurants in London are far more affordable and food quality is not much different.

1 Thank Mshvili

“Highly recommended !!! Very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

This restaurant has surprised me with an amazing cozy atmosphere. They have a nice bar with a good choice of cocktails. And Georgian wine, which I had never tried before, was not bad at all. Food is delicious. You must have Megruli Khachapuri! And Khinkali-georgian dumplings. Cake Medoki-is to die for!! But forget about your diet! :). Service is very good and friendly. Best georgian restaurant in London! Very good experience. Will go back with my friends next time.

2 Thank GeorgiaHat
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Very nice place!! Delicious and friendly!! I can't wait to eat there next time!the best georgian Restaurant in London.

1 Thank Polinchen
London, United Kingdom
“not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

Went to the Colchis on a Friday night with friends. At first, the restaurant looked very nice, pleasant decor, good selection of wines. Menu looked very good, but portions appeared to be super small, surprisingly for the Georgian restaurant. Even smaller then in typical French places. However, the prices are quite high for the amount of food you are getting. The restaurant may have a potential as the food was actually very tasty, but there were things that made the whole experience not very remarkable.

For example, I have ordered side salad with my main, but when the mains arrived the waitress said that she didn't put my salad in, so I have asked her to get me one quickly. The salad arrived 10 min later however, my meat got cold and everyone else has finished already.

Then we asked to see a dessert menu and were given a cocktail menu instead where there were cocktails & desserts offered together, nothing traditional for the cuisine. When I asked the waitress if those were all the desserts they had, she said yes. Then my husband told her that he saw some traditional desserts in the main menu, and she said - oh, yes, that's right...

So we ordered 2 portions of the dessert to share. The boys also ordered Coal Ila whisky. They got Kalua liqueur instead of the whisky.... And we got 2 portions of the cake on one plate, we thought that those were the 2 portions we had ordered put together on one plate. 10 min later when we had already finished coffees and were ready to go, the waitress brought the second dessert. It appeared that the first plate for just the first portion. why not just bring both portions together?...

Then when we finally had the bill, there was stuff that we hadn't had at all, the waitress admitted mistake but we had to wait until she brings the correct one. The dinner took us more than 2 hours because of inexperienced staff and we were late to the cinema that we had planned to go after. The bill was more than £200 for 4 ppl which is not cheap at all. Comparing to other restaurants, I have to say that value for money is very low.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Tanialapteva
London, United Kingdom
“great neighbourhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

Highly recommend this restaurant. If you're new to Georgian the khachapuri is a must. Starters beat the mains - so order several to share and dig in. I'd also highly recommend delving into some Georgian red wine. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012