“good value for money”

Price range: US$26 - US$91
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Delivery, Private Dining
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Please note: the 50% discount is available on the Sushi Bar menu only.(pre-booking required) There is a requirement at Hand Made Sushi that all diners spend a minimum of £15 per head before discount. This restaurant is open on Saturdays and Sundays.Established in 1982 by Mr Ko, Hand Made Sushi restaurant brought authentic dishes to the streets of London. All dishes are home-made and created using authentic ingredients.
“good value for money”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have been to Sushi-so last Friday (5 April 2013) and it must have changed from what people have commented few years ago. The sushi was decent. I love salmon and it was fresh, tasty and good quality. The rice was cooked very well and overall I found the sushi was very decent. My friend had a veggie bento box and said it was one of the best veggie sushis he ever had. It was a bit sad to see that the restaurant was empty the whole time that we were there. I felt very sorry for the chef because his sushi does not deserve this. The waiter/chef was very friendly to us. I will defo go back. I think Euston is a bit of an odd place on a Friday night so I am hoping it is busier throughout the day.

• Visited April 2013

“Sushi so CRAP!!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

- hair in one of the softshell crab sushi
- softshell crab sushi had no softshell crab
- chicken dumpling had no chicken
- soggy sushi rice and extremely packed in
- tasteless beef gyo don
- california and salmon teryaki wrap was terrible with onions, rice too packed, content tasteless
- california roll had spring onion?????????!?!??!? seriously... what a scam!
- 1 hour and 40 minutes waiting..... waste of my life
- was so hungry but had to throw away 80% of the food because it was THAT BAD.

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank Jenny C
pls visit us again and have 50% off sushi bar
“Sushi So- bad”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I waited half an hour or more for salmon noodle soup - I thought the chef had gone to catch the fish! Meanwhile I got colder and colder in the restaurant which was freezing - a real draft from the door and no heating as far as I could tell. Whilst I waited I had two plates from the conveyor belt. One salmon uri-maki which was not at all fresh. I tried one and left one as I thought the salmon was on the turning point. Then I opted for a veggie/avocado maki to play safe -- the avocado was hard and bitter When the noodle soup eventually came (and by this point I had to put my coat and scarf on to eat!) it was not worth the wait. The salmon was over done, there was hardly any broth and the serving was small. Neither was the bill cheap. I was glad to get out of the place to warm up so settled the bill and left promptly certainly never to return again. Sushi-so have advertising boards outside which make it seem a appealing but for a Japanese food lover, this is one to steer clear of. Sorry but it had to be said.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank Judith C
London, United Kingdom
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I decided to try Sushi-so for lunch takeaway as it is close to my work. I spent there over 20 minutes waiting for my order, had to ask where it was, and the lady at the cashpoint assured me it is going to come in 1 minute. In the meantime I got an invoice for £12.10 for a set of 8 pcs sashimi (tuna-salmon mix) and 1 tuna temaki. I gave the lady £22.20 and expected to get 10 pounds change. She gave me 5 pounds and bunch of coins - on my confusion she claimed I gave her 21.10. Anyways, I decided not to waste another minute there and left. When I got back to my desk I unpacked the takeaway to eat and saw that it wasnt even what I have ordered! They gave me tuna sashimi (6 pieces instead of 8 + 2 cucumber maki which I guess were the subsitute for 2 pcs of sashimi i didnt get) and salmon temaki. Tuna sashimi were half frosen and tasteless, cucumber maki tiny and the temaki were not even wrapped properly.

Bottom line: terrible service, cheating you on your money and bad food.

• Visited August 2012
6 Thank SweervyWine
Edinburgh
“Not SO YO”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Another Yo Sushi type fast food joint. Not my cup of tea. Fast food Sushi is fine for a quick snack but if you want a real Sushi hand made by a Japane Sushi chef - don't go to Sushi-So

Visited June 2012