“It's a good chain, not a Jamie Oliver experience”
Review of Jamie's Italian

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #3,996 of 23,025 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
London
“It's a good chain, not a Jamie Oliver experience”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Angel location was the first of many Jamie's I have visited, and having returned recently, probably still the best. Service was excellent, despite being busy, and they were perfectly happy to accommodate a couple of very young children. The food, a selection of pastas, burgers, fish and salads (basically no Pizza), was reasonable value, fresh and well presented. Bearing in mind the price-point is not much higher than Pizza Express / Zizzi, it works just fine.

If you're looking for "dinner at a Jamie Oliver restaurant", this is not it, but it should not put you off going.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Redditch, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After travelling to London to see my son and family they took me to Jamies restaurant at Angel - service was slow, it wasnt exactly busy. My son ordered a steak which was tough not good and not cooked as ordered. I ordered a green salad with my meal, think it had been sitting around for a while, it was dreadful, limp and discoloured couldnt belive they actually served it to me. I would have thrown it away at home. The childrens salad looked dreadful too wont be returning in a hurry. Not what I would expect maybe Jamie should sort them out.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Liland65
Gibraltar
“Poor quality food, helped out by good service”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Oh, where do I start? We first thought this place was shut, it was so dark from the outside. Sadly, we persevered and found it was open.

The soup starter was okay, but only okay. Basically, way too much sage and thyme, destroying any flavour that might have been in the soup to start with. My mushroom risotto was more like a rice pudding with mushrooms mixed in, and my wife's cannelloni was overcooked to the point that the pasta was hard and dry.

After that, we didn't feel like risking desserts, paid up and left. Not somewhere I'll risk visiting again.

On the upside, the service was good, and attentive. But that's not much consolation when you're not enjoying the meal.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Average food... quality not always reliable”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I've eaten here a couple of times mainly because it's near work and convenient for dinner after work. On this occasion I had the crab spaghettini which was delicious on a previous visit. On this occasion the pasta was over cooked at stuck together and my partner had the fish of the day dish which was pretty disappointing. I'm not marking this lower than average (even though this visit deserves it!) as it is not always this bad but I won't be going back for a while!

• Visited April 2014
Coochiemudlo Island, Australia
“Loved the food and staff”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We ate here twice on our recent holiday, our first night in London and our last. Each night was wonderful. The food was divine, tasty and excellent value. The staff were just lovely. The first night we had home made lemondade that was very refreshing. Our starters were crispy squid and olives on ice. Normally not a fan of green olives but these were so tasty and the tapenade was divine. For mains my husband had the porchetta and funky chips that were very tasty and I had the prawn linguine wow!!

Visited May 2014