“Same Recipe in every dish”
Review of The Tale of India

The Tale of India
Ranked #3,186 of 24,648 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were very hungry and just walked into the place only to be disappointed. While the food tastes ok and price is reasonable, it appeared that the chef is using the same curry for all dishes because from snacks to curry, everything tasted exactly the same. Won't go again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After a Friday night trip to the cinema I'm so delighted we crossed the main road at Crossharbour to the Tale of India rather than heading back to the sterile chain-restaurant jungle of Canary Wharf. A classic Indian restaurant with lts' of knowledgable and helpful staff. It was good to see that many of the diners were obviously regulars - always a good sign in my book. Menu contains the full range of dishes you'd expect. Everything we ordered was very well cooked and presented. Good value and quick and attentive service. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Really tasty food, good sized portions and decent value. Service was good with the owner spending time to come and talk to us. Will definitely return and would recommend. Well worth pairing it up with a visit to the local cinema.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I discovered this place randomly when I moved in Westferry and from that day it has become and habit for me to go to this delicious Indian restaurant.

I use to go in different occasions with friends, boyfriend or alone because the staff and the atmosphere make the place comfortable and I never feel lonely.

The staff is very friendly and professional and they always recognize me, making me feeling at home.

My favorites dishes are: lamb sag, stuffed or garlic nan , okra, spinach as a side ll and vegetables rice. Because even if the tastes are strong they are really well balanced and the portions are neither too big or too small for the price.

I also use to deliver food and I always have the tale of Indian menù on the desk!

I highly recommend because you taste traditional flavors and experience a more realistic Indian atmosphere than European adapted chains!

See you Tale of India, I’ ll come back soon :)

Cecilia

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

A good Indian restaurant in Westferry, with Canary Wharf prices. The food was enjoyable without being amazing. The service was OK, although we did feel rushed by them to order.
I was expecting something a bit special given some of the reviews, but it didn’t live up to expectations alas.