“Great Experience”

Ranked #11 of 1,068 Hotels in London
San Diego, California
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I booked a last minute London and have never been. I did some research but not much due to time constraints. I had a 12 hour flight and checked in exhausted. The staff was extremely polite and professional the entire stay. I sat down with the concierge for 30 minutes and she gave me so many options and keyed in on what she thought I would like. Everyone on staff was nothing but helpful and made my first few days so easy.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you for writing such a kind review! A good concierge can make all your troubles go away. We are lucky and proud to have the team we do. We look foward to welcoming you back very soon!
Kind regards,
Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Great hotel, staff are exceptionally friendly and attentive, remembered by name the whole time.

Not cheap of course but you get what you pay for.

Good location close to about 3 tube stations. Walking distance from Knightbridge and Hyde Park but the area itself it quite quiet.

Decor is superb, espcially in foyer. Great lighting, nice carpets.

Bathroom is very well designed. Nice fixture and fittings in the room. Comfortable bed.

If I were being picky I would mention the specks of paint on the desk in the room that were out of kilt with everything else.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your kind review! We pride ourselves on using the guest names, I'm glad you noticed! We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed at Belgraves Hotel for one night (after enjoying a private reception at Buckingham Palace which is nearby). Very friendly staff in all areas of the hotel. It is a very cool hotel where I felt very welcome and relaxed. Delicious dinner and breakfast in HIX. Highly recommend and I shall return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Linn M
Thank you so much for your kind review! So glad you enjoyed your stay and felt so comfortable! We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Although I am a fan of more traditional boutique hotels, I was very impressed with the Belgraves which has a 60s-ish New York-style vibe. The service level is outstanding, the staff addressed me and my husband by our name, we were greeted every morning in the lobby and at the front door by the young doormen in their cool plaid shirts and black jeans. Our room was very comfortable, clean, quiet despite its proximity to the lift, and the bed was heavenly. Check-in was courteous and helpful with a smile. We are very frequent travelers and have stayed at the best hotels in the world. This new hotel is a success and should strive to maintain its service level which is the first quality all guests expect but unfortunately do not always encounter. My only criticism is the low lighting in the corridors (meant to add to the coolness but a bit uncomfortable) and its warm temperature due to the same lighting, can surely be corrected). Overall, kudos to the Belgraves...

Room Tip: Ask for high room looking over Pont Street or Chesham Place for lovely view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review! We love to hear that guests are having such a great experience. We will work on our lighting in the corridors albeit warm and fuzzy! We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Surrey, UK
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough! I felt like i was in an uber cool hotel in new york!! Check in was quick and efficient, very friendly staff.. The doormen were excellent, the barmen amazing-cocktails were out of this world! The room was comfy and modern. Room service was great- prob one of the best ive ever had-our cooked breakfast was actually hot when it arrived still and tasty!! The whole stay was perfect and faultless and i will definitely be staying here again! Thank you very much to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
We love to hear from guests that experienced our "NYC roots"! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. The team at Belgraves are very proud to have had such a positive impact on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Warm regards.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed for 3 days while attending the London Book Fair. Very nice newly opened hotel so all the interior is very modern. The rooms are not very big but very well laid out and look great. The beds and mattresses are very comfortable. Bar and lounge area look great and the outdoor smoking area is very well designed which is very unusual. Breakfast was good. The location for my purpose was not good but overall it´s fine. Bought the stay on www.jetsetter.com and it was a great deal for a 4/5 star hotel. Would not buy at the regular rate but for what I paid it was great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay during the Book Fair. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Kind regards.
los angeles
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed at the Belgraves Hotel for 8 days and 7 nights for the Olympics. It is located in the heart of Knightsbridge, one of the most exclusive areas in London. We had reserved a car to pick us up but they were late and could not find us. So we took a cab which turned out to be the cab ride from hell from Heathrow. To say the least, my husband and I were not in a great mood to begin our hotel stay given a long flight from the U.S. coupled with the cab incident. We arrived about 10 am at the hotel and were greeted by two very nice young doormen. They took our luggage from the cab and open the door to the hotel for us. This was the beginning of a very wonderful stay.

From the time we set foot in the hotel until the day we left, we were treated like royalty. The concierge Mauricio and the front desk staff enthusiastically welcomed us to the hotel. An early check in was no problem and we were immediately shown to a room with a king size bed. After we checked in, the staff greeted us by name each time we interacted.

This hotel is a small boutique hotel in every respect. It’s the kind of hotel you want to stay in to get away from work and the hustle and bustle of a big city. This is not a hotel for the budget conscious as it is a true “5” star hotel with “5” star prices. But you truly get what you pay for. The hotel seems to have a mixture of clientele from American and European tourists to business executives to the “rich and famous”. For example, during our stay, Carmelo Anthony’s wife LaLa was staying at the Belgraves with her production crew filming for a television show. But what is so wonderful about the Belgraves, everyone is treated with the same with the upmost respect and highest level of service, irrespective of your background or reason for staying at the hotel.

The rooms may be on the small side by American standards, but most in London are, even at the “big hotels”. Each room at the Belgraves depending on the class has its own unique features including an IPhone charger which was great given I lost my phone charger. My husband I found our rooms to be quite satisfactory. We always felt like we were coming home after being out and about in London most of the day. I say “rooms” because we had 2 different rooms. After our first night, there was a housekeeping issue. When we notified the hotel of the situation the next morning, we were upgraded for a slight cost to a different room and given free Wi-Fi for the duration of our stay. They sent us a bottle of wine and platter of nuts to our room the first night after the incident with a handwritten note of apology. A few days later, fresh hot chocolate chocolate chip cookies were left in our room with another note to make certain everything was fine with our stay. We did have to get use to the lighting in the rooms. However, the hotel is environmentally sensitive and the lights operate to minimize wasted use of electricity.

The hotel bar is nice and cozy in a most positive way with one of the most unique and extensive cigar selections I’ve seen. Do not worry “non-smokers” as the Belgraves has a very comfortable cigar patio for the smokers to go to. We befriended one of the bartenders “MoMo” who fixes a great drink and exemplifies “customer service”. On our first day, he noticed how stressed we were after our check-in. He poured me a small glass of Moet on the house to calm me and assured us we were at the right hotel for rest and relaxation and to not worry about anything else. He and my husband really bonded and actually went out once to a local pub together.

There is no business center. In retrospect, a business center in this hotel would take away from the ambience. My only recommendation to the hotel is make Wi-Fi free since a business center is not available. Belgraves is not as close to the underground as we would have liked but it is so close to Hyde Park, Sloane Street, Harrods, certain embassies, Victoria etc. The short walk to the underground allowed us to explore Knightsbridge and its surroundings.

We dealt with Mauricio the concierge often regarding the Underground, getting Olympic tickets, theatre tickets, where to eat, or just to chat. He is by far the best concierge I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. We discovered that he is well known and respected in London by his peers. It was obvious to us as to why this is.

The hotel restaurant Hix is managed by Simon who we swear never went home. His middle name has to be “at your service”. It is a very expensive restaurant frequented by Knightsbridge residents. Again the service is absolutely remarkable with good food. For example, I do not eat beef or pork and requested turkey for breakfast and lunch. Since they had none, twice they sent someone to the local market to pick up fresh sliced turkey to ensure I had what I wanted. We did not have dinner at the restaurant as we typically did not return until late in the evening. The continental breakfast is good and the staff will bend over backwards to accommodate your food request. My American palate really appreciated the fresh coffee with steam milk on the side.

I can’t say enough wonderful things about the hotel and its staff like the young doorman who chased us down several blocks to correct directions he had given us. My husband and I were choking up as we checked out as we felt we were leaving a great group of new friends. I actually started to cry. This hotel really helped make our visit for the Olympics exceptionally special. Will we stay there again? Absolutely and without any hesitation!!!

The Sweeneys
Los Angeles

Room Tip: upgrade your booking
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
WOW! What can I say...thank you! We of course remember you and what amazing guests you were. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves (your home away from home) very very soon!
Warm regards.