“Average Hotel, Wanna Be Hip, in a Great Location”
Review of The Hari

The Hari
Ranked #11 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My business partner likes this hotel very much, to the tune of staying about 100 nights per year.

He likes the location of the hotel, smack in the middle of the nicest residential area of London, relatively quiet, but with easy access to close by luxury retail, good restaurants, etc.

It is the old Sheraton that was bought out by Thompson Hotels, and redesigned to be hip, now attracting a bunch of hipsters hanging around the second floor bar in the late evening.

Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses.

For me, I have had bad experiences at the hotel but I am assured by the young, relatively inexperienced, but friendly staff at the front desk that neither incident had happened before.

One stay, in the middle of the night, there was an electrical surge and all the lights, including the TV went on startling me from my sleep. Things did not go back to normal for an approximate hour.

The second incident, again happening in the middle of the night, involved a blaring fire alarm going off with flashing red light, non-stop, for a period of about 30 minutes. It was a false alarm and could not be ceased for too long a period.

The other negatives? Rooms are very dark with little natural light, and ceiling heights very low. Shower area is very small and confined. Elevator going to the rooms is the same way. I am a lover of the typical English breakfast, and the breakfasts here are a letdown, and they simply don't deliver.

I do like the small, intimate high-tech fitness room, but when I have been a visitor in the past, I have gone for an early workout, and have been the only one in the room. I don't know if I would like it so much if another one or two people would be working out at the same time. It might feel too overpopulated.

Be prepared to pay for Wi-Fi on a daily basis.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank tesmoscow
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear tesmoscow,
Thank you very much for your review. My sincere apologies if we fell short of your expectations. I would very much like to continue a conversation offline if you could provide my office with your contact details so I can reach out to you. We would love to have you back!
Joseph email infobelgraves@thompsonhotels.com

Reviewed 6 April 2013

This hotel sets standards that others should look to follow! Israel, our doorman was just wonderful from the moment we arrived and greeted us by name each time we returned. All other. Front office staff always had a friendly and genuine smile for us as we walked by and couldn't have been more helpful. The decor on he lobby, bar, corridors and rooms is warm and inviting, and the rooms are both superbly appointed and very comfortable. Food and service in the restaurant was also outstanding though the decor was not as inviting as the rest of the hotel. Frankly that didn't matter as the food and service more than made up for it. This hotel is the best I have ever stayed in and I can't recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: Choose a king room if you want a little more space.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Shelagh M,
WOW! Thank you very much for the glowing review! We truly appreciate you taking the time. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Warm regards.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We would come back to the hotel after going out and be greeted by the doorman who remembers your name. This hotel is taking the concept of service to a new level. Every aspect was spot on. The rooms are new, modern and tastefully decorated. How good is this hotel? I was sad to leave because all the people working at the hotel treated us like friends not clients.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear RvO58,
We are so happy to hear that you feel this way! Creating a "Home away from Home" is our goal for all of our guests, I'm please that we have succeeded with you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Awesome experience the moment we got out of the taxi to the moment we got our bags to leave London. Very helpful, pleasant doorman. We added a member to our party mid trip and changed rooms; they couldn' have been more accomodating or helpful in the move. The room was clean, mattresses firm, plenty of pillows, good temp control. The room had a nice little sitting area, large windows overlooking a little park. WIFI was pretty good, easy to plug in US power cord.

Sabin at concierge desk was super proficient giving advice, making dinner reservations. And another member of the front desk saw us on the Eurostar to Paris and spent 30 minutes to provide a detailed itinenary of must see/eat places in Paris. She couldn't have been sweeter and her recommendations were spot on. Excellent!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mike O,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Belgraves, a Thompson Hotel and I wanted to share what a wonderful experience it was. Everyone there, from the front desk staff to the concierge, to the bartender made me feel welcome from the moment I stepped through the door. As someone who travels extensively for work, Belgraves is now my home away from home when traveling to London.

The location as well is perfect for walking, window shopping, dining options and just enjoying the neighborhood.

Room Tip: The corner suites are extremely comfortable!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Dear Dolores_S493,
We are so pleased that you shared such a great review, THANK YOU! I speak for the entire team at at Belgraves when I say we look forward to welcoming back your "Home away from Home" very soon.
Warm regards.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

My husband and I recently spent a perfect night at The Belgraves. We loved the location of this hip little gem - easy to walk, cab or tube to many great dining options as well sight's and shopping during the day.

We loved how the neat little location made it feel like we were living as locals in a chic London neighborhood.

We'll definitely be back on our next visit to jolly'ole London and will recommend this hotel to friends and family!!

Room Tip: We had a deluxe King overlooking the square - loved the little couch nook by the window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Amandabblakley,
Wow! we love to hear stories like this. Thank you very much for sharing your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to Belgraves very soon!
Warm regards

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Belgraves and had a wonderful stay. From the moment I checked in the staff were very friendly and welcoming. It is a very modern hotel and the bar was really buzzing when we had a drink before dinner. The food in the restaurant was also excellant, just a shame the restaurant was a little quiet. I would really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The room we have was on the corner so had 2 big windows with lots of light.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicola H,
Thank you very much for your kind words! We truly appreciate the feedback. I hope you to welcome you back to Belgraves very soon!