“Boutique possibly at its best”
Review of The Hari

The Hari
Ranked #12 of 1,069 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Boutique possibly at its best”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed at the Belgraves last week for work and thoroughly enjoyed my stay based mainly on the service provided by the staff. Upon check-in, I was provided with a thorough description of the hotel's amenities and benefits in a way that encouraged me to feel very welcome. I even received a follow up phone call about 30 minutes after check-in to confirm that everything in my room was to my liking. Throughout my stay, I was greeted by my last name and asked about how my day was going or if I needed any additional assistance.

The room itself had all of the little touches that you would expect at a great hotel, including an fine REN toiletries, high threat count towels and bedding. The wifi and in-room technology (tv, stereo, lighting) worked consistently without fail and was clearly designed with the user in mind. The only drawback to my room is that the view was directly next to other windows in the hotel and adjacent buildings, so I never felt comfortable leaving the window open due to lack of privacy. However, other rooms did appear to have superior views and even a bit more space though even my room never felt crampt since it seemed to be very well and efficiently appointed.

I enjoyed the service at the bar, and my colleagues told me the restaurant and room service often exceeded expectations in terms of speed as well as the quality of the food and beverages provided. I only wish that I had time to take advantage of other amenties, including the fitness center or the outdoor patio, but came back from work later than they were open or sensible for me to use.

Though this place is much more tolerable if you have an expense account rather than coming out of pocket, I would recommend if you want a small but welcoming luxury filled experience in a fantastic location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear upgrademe81,
Thank you very much for your sharing your experience! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Joseph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Turkish first
Surf City USA
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in the Westminster area. Clean, modern & efficient. Comfortable rooms, however, are rather sparsely appointed. Convenient to many embassies, Hyde Park & government offices. Top notch restaurant (reviewed separately). Good breakfast. Great staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear jg3arrow,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon.
Kind regards.
Sydney
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Having stayed at the Roosevelt in LA and The Thompson in NY, I know this chain, so was keen to try The Belgraves. I booked directly from Sydney and spoke to a delightful French girl called Camille. She was the first person I met when I arrived at 6am on a Wednesday morning. From the moment I walked into the hotel, nothing is too much trouble for this groovy, young, but very professional group of staff. Everyone remembers your name from reception, down to the young guys at the main entrance. The two young waitresses in the bar are just a delight and everyone has a really friendly demeanour about them.
I opted for the Deluxe room and wasn't disappointed, although I stayed in one with only a shower for the first week, the second one had a bath, which I preferred. My room had one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in, even the house keeping staff are a delight.
The hotel is so central, with Sloane Square tube 5 minutes to your right or Knightsbridge the same distance to your left.
I will be going to London again at the end of the year and this is the only hotel that I would stay at in the future.
This hotel is definitely an added bonus to The Thompson chain.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GillSydney
Joseph K, General Manager at The Hari, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear GillSydney,
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are thrilled that you had such a nice stay. Sounds like we will be seeing you again soon! We cant wait!
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We really enjoyed the stay and every detail of the hotel. The hotel is located very central and close to almost everything, but situated at a calm spot. I can fully recommend the hotel and the location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Christophe D,
Thank you very much for the kind words! We truly appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Kind regards.
Centerport, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Greeted with smiles by everyone,my husband and I felt welcomed and comfortable from Day 1.Concierge and staff made arrangements,suggestions and gave info that made our week flow flawlessly. Delightful morning breakfast started our day of sightseeing and we returned to the Belgraves to relax in the stylish lounge over drinks and enjoy wonderful nights sleep. The quiet elegance of Belgravia added to the overall atmosphere. The staff's attentiveness, professionalism and friendliness truly made staying at Belgraves and our week in London memorable.

Dear mary w,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back to Belgraves very soon!
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Belgraves is a perfect example of excellence. From the crisp, clean and contemporary decor through to the clear customer orientated team, we can highly recommend. My husband and I visited recently for a weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was a fantastic experience from beginning to end. The staff are very friendly and personable without being insincere or intrusive, this balance can be difficult and they had it just right. The suite was perfect. The space was nicely laid out, plenty of room to move around, the views through two aspects were incredible and the bed very comfortable.

Dear Vanessa0801,
Thank you SO much for writing such a nice review! We are thrilled that you and your husband had a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Ive stayed in this hotel on business and for a romantic anniversary. For business I wouldn't really recommend it but otherwise it is a great hotel with the following benefits:
- incredible location
- good value for its proximity to things
- friendly staff
- views are nice if you ask for the higher floors
- funky hotel lounge/bar with a great outside terrace
- good food at hotel restaurant/room service

Disadvantages:
- rooms are small (dont be fooled by the way they name each room. i.e. standard room is called "King Superior")
- they charge for internet!!!
- not very generous (we were celebrating our anniversary and they had promised to take care of us, i did not get an upgrade nor any gift, bottle of wine, roses, chocolate, nothin!!)
- they add service charges on your final bill that are "optional", thus beware of them and ask them to remove to not pay.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors, floor 8-10