“Weekend in Camden”

norfolk england
“Weekend in Camden”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the haverstock on the 25th jan 2014
Was a great hotel everything you need for a weekend stay 1.4 miles from the market 25 min walk hotel was clean and fresh plenty of tea coffee in your room nice powerful hair dryer clean crisp sheets and nice clean white towels beds were really comfy pillows were nice and firm and at £119.00 for a night with continental breakfast not bad at all

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

On the website this hotel looks great, and to be fair to them, the quality of decor in the rooms is of a high standard, and the linen is fresh and clean.
On the downside:
-the double rooms are tiny, even for a single occupant.
-the tv didn't work
-the air con didn't work; seemingly because it was too noisy
-there is no thermostat in the room for adjusting the temperature.
-the sash windows haven't been fitted correctly resulting in draughts and excessive road noise.
-the windowless bathroom smelt stale, with no air freshener available.
-reception did nothing to resolve these issues.
-the cleaners start work at 6:45!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
mariana r, Manager at Haverstock Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi Skiflachau,

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to scratch.
With regards to the TV issue- It was a problem from the TV service provider- which has since been resolved.
The airconditioning unit has now been moved, therefore the noise problem has disappeared- and the units are working just fine. Our cleaners start work from 9 am.

The hotel had just been open a week when you stayed with us so unfotunately we did have some teething problems which have since been resolved.

Our aim is to make sure we provide our guests with the best service possible.

We thank you for your custom.

Haverstock Hotel

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Farrington Gurney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I booked this as an alternative to another Premier Inn for a business trip. The hotel is clean and modern, having been very recently refurbished.

However, my colleague and I were allocated rooms in the lower ground floor/basement. The room, although snug was very clean and modern with a spotless bathroom. The problem started in the evening as outside these basement rooms are all of the air conditioning fans, which are EXTREMELY loud! This lead to a dreadful nights sleep, in spite of the super comfy bed. I am sure however that as long as you avoid these lower ground rooms you will have a much better experience :)

Breakfast was extremely disappointing. I was expecting a lovely continental breakfast and was disappointed to find this consisted of croissants, cheap bread, 2 sugary cereals, salami and cheese, and smoked salmon with a few yoghurts. I had hoped for a boutque hotel to find a selection of artisan breads, pastries, yummy granola, local yoghurts etc.

I've also been disappointed by communication with the staff. Upon checking in I clearly informed the receptionist I would now be leaving a day earlier than planned and was therefore charged a nights less accomadation. However a day later I asked for my invoice and was told I was being charged for the last nights stay as I hadn't let them know in time I wouldn't be needing it and the system showed I'd be checking out on my orginal date!

Sadly I've cancelled my reservations for the following week, and will be returning to the Premier Inn up the road as it's a bit less hassle.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement at all costs! If I stayed here again I would specify on booking that I didn't...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank emmajanie
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 103 , the room was immaculately clean and very modern. Plenty of plug sockets , sky channels all of them , complementary robe and slippers which was a lovely touch. The room was lovely and warm and the bed was comfortable.

I see some reviews are complaining about the size the of the rooms. I personally think the size is adequate for a weekend stay .

I didn't have breakfast but my partner did and he said it was continental & sufficient .

Location is beautifully Hampstead Heath only a tube ride into the the city , tube is located near hotel a couple of mins walk .

The hotel doesn't offer parking facilities , but there are parking spaces outside of the hotel were you can pay and display . Free after 6.30pm and free on Sundays so if your staying only a Saturday night then it's free parking .

The only negative comment I have is when we went to have a shower the hot water wouldnt work , so we had a cold shower disappointing . The next morning the shower was working and I had a lovely hot one .

The Restaraunt attached to the hotel is the Restaraunt were you have breakfast , we ate here at night, it was a cold night and we couldn't be bothered to walk the street to find something to eat so we chose the restaurant for convenience
Staff were courteous , menu wasn't great for an Italian , you expect to pay more in London but I have eaten in exclusive Restaurants in central london for less , in my option not worth the money and even if it is cold go and search for something better .

Would definitely recommend a stay at the Haverstock Hotel five out of five

To the management keep up the high standards

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

On the plus side all the staff are super friendly and available 24 hours, the hotel is brand new and very convenient to buses and tube, the breakfast is good and plentiful, and all the fixtures are new. But on the minus side the rooms are impossibly small, with no place to put your stuff, and it takes some shunting to coordinate two people around such a tight space. We had room 103, which looked out over the side street - we had no problem with noise, except when the fire alarm went off for no reason. Not sure why we had two toilet paper dispensers in the bathroom, especially when space is at such a premium.
Nice neighborhood, nice building, nice people, but not much sq footage for the $.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A lovely, clean and welcoming hotel. Even though the room was small it was well thought out. The shower was amazing, a great big shower head and the bed was very comfortable. Close to the station so getting into central London was very easy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 December 2013

2 min. walking from Belsize Park tube station, 10 min. from Camden market and other London's attractions, we found this amazing brand new boutique hotel.
All rooms are fully equipped and includes the most comfortable bed I had for long time.
The real treat is the attached Italian restaurant - Ballaro, named as the famous Sicilian food market.
Great food with fresh ingredients.
I will sure be back to this hotel at my next London visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business