“Clean, Friendly & Great Location for City”

Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #155 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Clean, Friendly & Great Location for City”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I have just completed one of my 2 weeks at this hotel. Excellent experience!

I booked it around 6 weeks ago and was a little nervous when I originally couldnt find it on Google Street View or physically walking by! it would appear I wasnt alone when I saw the same questions popping up on this forum, but let me assure you it is very much open and in excellent condition despite its recent opening.

I say that because, in most cases when I have stayed at a recently opened hotel, there is always a problem, something doesnt work or there are water and power interruptions, but no such issues at this hotel.

The easiest way to find this hotel, from Old Street Underground Station, is to come out of Exit No 1; Up the stairs; go straight ahead and follow the road round, keeping right in to East Road (dont worry, its a natural fork in the road) You will then see the hoardings around the building which is opposite the Premier Inn.

There is no entry from East Road but the hotel is clearly advertised. The entrance is on a newly developed pedestrian walkway that is on your right and the hotel entrance is about 30 metres down on the right hand side. In effect you are walking along the side of the bar restaurant of the PI.

There was a warm welcome when I was greeted by the staff. You have the option to self check in or use the reception staff.

There are 12 floors in the hotel and I was on the 12th floor. There was no noise and the room was clean, comfortable and secure... however no in-room safe for those travelling with valuables.

The bathroom contained a bath which also had a shower over the bath. Usual PI standards and branding in the room with wifi (chargeable) in the room.

Overall I was impressed by the hotel, my expectation was that there would be snagging issues still to be resolved, but nothing impacted my stay.

My only couple of issues (and I am being VERY picky) were:-

Lifts - (there are 3 lifts) the setup still needs fine tuning. On 1 occasion 1 lift stayed stationary at the ground floor and the other 2 ran between ground and 4th floor... waiting time around 6 minutes. (the ground floor is indicated by a Zero in the lift)

Hot Water - usually there are safety taps to avoid scalding, not in these bathrooms (albeit there are hot water warning staickers) so if you have children or other dependants you may want to keep your eye on the water temperature.

Images were taken on iPhone - apologies for poor quality!

Room Tip: choose a higher floor (of the 12) and hopefully you will get a city view)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MeAndMrsJonesUK
Daniel R, Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear William and Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments about your stay at Premier Inn London City (Old Street).

Since we opened and you posted your comment, we have been put on Google and are viewable via Street View, so it makes it easier for everyone now.

The staff says thanks for giving them such great feedback.
Most Premier Inn's do not offer an in room safe, but if you stay with us in the future, please just ask for the Duty Manager or a Reception so we can store your valuables.

The Lifts in the hotel have been retuned so that they work more smoothly and efficiently and seeing as we had just opened we did have some new opening troubles with them, but now they are fine.
The hot water has been altered and the temperature has been lowed slightly to avoid this happening.

Many Thanks,
Team Old Street

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Great staff, lovely and clean and brand new! All the basics you need and those extra comfy bed.

I really want to say a big thank you to all the staff who work in the Premier Inn Old Street, they were sooo lovely! Well done guys!!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank vikki84
Benyaman, General Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Hi Vikki,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and the team, we really do appreciate it.

I will certainly pass your thanks on to the team, they will be really pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We have a team meeting tomorrow so will be sure to read this out to them.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you again soon.

worcs
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Went to this hotel only three days after it opened and you could tell as there was still the fresh carpet smell..! Was really clean and everything you could possibly need in the rooms, bath, hairdryer, air conditioning, bascially it was everything we needed for a weekend away. The staff were helpful, although i think they were still getting use to it as they fumbled a little on things but were pleasant.There is an all you can eat breakfast buffet and evening meals at an extra cost if you don't want to venture to far It is only 200 yards from old street underground station so is easy to get to. No one seemed to know about its whereabouts or the new road name..so go by Corsham street if you get a taxi. Definately a 'go again' hotel as it is reasonably priced for London and was a good weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank kathryn o
Benyaman, General Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am really glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for being patient with the team whilst they got used to their new surroundings.

We have also listened to feedback from guests about not being able to find the hotel, so we have now altered our address slightly to make it easier for people to find.

Thanks again, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I booked the hotel for myself and some girlfriends for a saturday night. (26th November) It turned out that the hotel had only been open since theTuesday before. The staff were very good, friendly, professional and really looked after us. The rooms and the hotel itself are in very good condition and no teething problems with a new build that I could see. We also stayed for breakfast which I can highly recommend. Beds were comfortable. Considering that I often stay in hotels for work which have a much higher star rating, this hotel easily matches if not exceeds them on service alone. We were all really pleased with our stay and the room rates are not excessive. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank catsul
Hi there,

Thank you for being the first to review Premier Inn London City (Old Street), the team have really been looking forward to getting our first review.

I am really glad that your friends and you enjoyed your time with us and really proud that the team exceeded your expectations and hope that you do come back again soon.