“Two night Central London training stay”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #182 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked this Premier Inn through my workplace as it was closest to an office on Bishopsgate that I was visiting for two days of training.
I arrived about 5pm, entered my surname into the automated check in machine and was in my room within 5 mins of arriving. My colleague tried entering his name in the same way but it didn't work so ended up having to check in the normal way. The room was clean, reasonably sized and had a large chaise longue on which I could stretch out and relax after 3 hours of travelling.
I used the restaurant both nights and had sirloin steak and apple crumble desert which I had no complaints over. The breakfast was also more than adequate but it can get very busy at peak times so we tried to get down early.
I would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room near the end of a corridor which meant I had less noise than my colleague who was close...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

It was great to read that you had a comfortable stay with us during your business trip.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Premier Inn London City Old Street.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,768)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed here for a week whilst on training. its a stone throw from old street station. Easy to walk around but not much on the doorstep. The food here was ok, breakfast could be a little dried out as it sat under the heat lamps but there was plenty of it, cereals, coffee and juice, toast etc.

Dinner was ok, I had a burger but I wouldn't recomend them. My colleague had a mixed grill which he enjoyed. There are some very good burger places nearby, in fact I had the best burger ever at Byron which is 10 minutes away.Also its a good bast if your looking to go down Brick lane for a curry too.

Room was clean and I couldn't hear the road. I was on the 5th floor and they go up to 12.

Staff were some of the friendliest I have seen in hotels and was very nice.

All in I would certainly reccomend this as a place to stay but probably not to eat.

Room Tip: Say you want a quiet room and you should get put towards the top of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy the food in our restaurant; your comments are valued and will be used to improve our service.
The team were delighted to hear your positive feedback about them.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Have been to a number of Premier Inn hotels and yet again we had a lovely stay. Staff were friendly and efficient and the room was very nice as usual with the big comfy bed. I think this is the best one for breakfast so far but with no complaints for the others. Plenty food available at all times, good selection for cereals and as mentioned before very nice staff who chatted. Lovely sausages by the way. If I had anything to complain about it would be the cost of wifi. I have paid lots more in various other hotels round the world but I don't understand why hotels charge at all. Free wifi all over the place. However, definitely would return here next time in London.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dpleith
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Premier Inn is constantly evolving to meet our guest’s needs and wishes. We will certainly put your suggestion of free WIFI forward as an idea to further improve our service.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have given this Premier only a "good" as whilst the reception staff and accommodation were up to the customary Premier high standard the same cannot be said of the restaurant.

This Premier was let down by the casual way diners were treated in the restaurant. A bar lady told me where to wait and she went off to find a member of the restaurant staff and returned telling me someone would be along shortly.

After a ten minute wait standing by the entrance the same bar lady spotted me and took me to one of the many empty tables which had been re-laid but not cleaned properly. A waitress was called to see to that.

After another 10 minutes a waiter arrived and took my order but returned in a further ten minutes advising that the main courses was not available. Hastily and before the waiter could depart I placed a new order. The food when it arrived was of acceptable quality for the price charged.

It was 20 minutes after I finished the main course before I was asked if I would like a dessert - perhaps I should not have been surprised when the waitress said that she thought my choice had not been available for the past month "but would just check to be sure". Oddly enough after 10 minutes she returned with my choice!!

What is it about the 10 minute cycle of events? is there a timer in the kitchen or stillroom?

The breakfast experience was excellent with very efficient staff.

I would stay here again as it was close to my destination, however I would not bother to have dinner here again.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 09 on each floor all seem to be by the lift lobby door with the resultant noise as p...
2  Thank jamesfurze

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some detailed feedback.

I was really disappointed when reading about your experience in our restaurant at dinner.

I have taken on board all of your comments and are looking into the issues mentioned.

I am pleased that you would still stay with us again despite the issues you had, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Top form as always from premier inn. Quick check in and out great standards and very good staff. Perfectly placed for business. Breakfast is served very efficiently. Good views from the upper floor windows too!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some great feedback.

"Top form as always” you say, well I am very pleased we lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The usual Premier Inn combination of quality and great value, in an excellent location. Interesting area close to lovely, quirky shops and restaurants, and really well placed for buses and tubes to just about anywhere in London

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some great comments, and WOW what a title to give us. We really appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to one of our hotels soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here with a family of four. The staff was very friendly. The hotel restaurant was actually pretty good. Breakfast was the normal European breakfast, and their was plenty of staff keeping it full and clean. We stayed in a family room and that is a little tight. Basically, a double bed, a single bed and a cot. With all of that, there was not much extra space. However, that was not a problem, since we did not spend much time in the room. All that being said, the room was clean, large bathroom, flat screen TV and we had no issues. Considering the price, it was far better than getting two rooms that are mandated for a family of four in most London hotels.

The hotel is an easy walk from the Old Street tube stop on the Northern Line. We used public transportation for our whole visit, and it was easy from this location. I would suggest going to the hotel web site, and getting their specific walking directions from the tube if that is how you plan to travel. While it is not hard to find, it is a little off the main road, so the directions were VERY helpful.

Some earlier posts mention the street noise. I would agree that it is there and can be loud, but I would guess all hotels in this area would have the same issue. We would easily stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager. at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and benefited from the family room accommodating all of you.
I hope that Premier Inn, will be your first choice for your next family trip.