“warm and friendy”

Ranked #148 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Nicosia, Cyprus
“warm and friendy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

excelent stay warm and friendy staff ready to help , ie well trained . clean and modern . be ready to use stairs if you are not on higher floors . the price bites a bit but the location may justify it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

Your comments have been passed to the team.

I hope you choose to stay with us again, to find Premier Inns best rates, visit www.premierinn.com , and look out for premier savers.

Premier Inn London City Old Street

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

location near underground,No complaints about food or room couple,a of hiccups spring in bed had or about to have gone !!!! & unfortunately building work starting as early as 8.a.m weekdays near hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bearsden_flyer42
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feed back.

I hope you wife enjoyed her birthday with us. Please accept out apologise for the bed, Premier Inn Pride its self on the quality of beds we use, and regret this was not delivered during your stay.

I hope you choose to stay with Premier Inn again.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed for one night...good value for money. Location is convenient from Old Street Station with easy access to Euston for our train journey to Scotland. Room check in very fast & efficient. Room clean with 1 queen and a single and still lots of walking space. Live up to their guarantee of a good night sleep...bed comfortable. Similar experience at Premier Inn, Earls' Court where we stayed for 4 nights...easy luggage transfer with the station wheelchair accessibility. Noticed that Premier Inn are always in very convenient locations even in Glasgow. Premier Inn...no regrets, will choose to stay with Premier Inn anytime, anywhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leaves us a great review.

I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay with us, and plan to use Premier Inn again.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I booked this Premier Inn through my workplace as it was closest to an office on Bishopsgate that I was visiting for two days of training.
I arrived about 5pm, entered my surname into the automated check in machine and was in my room within 5 mins of arriving. My colleague tried entering his name in the same way but it didn't work so ended up having to check in the normal way. The room was clean, reasonably sized and had a large chaise longue on which I could stretch out and relax after 3 hours of travelling.
I used the restaurant both nights and had sirloin steak and apple crumble desert which I had no complaints over. The breakfast was also more than adequate but it can get very busy at peak times so we tried to get down early.
I would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a room near the end of a corridor which meant I had less noise than my colleague who was close...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

It was great to read that you had a comfortable stay with us during your business trip.

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed here for a week whilst on training. its a stone throw from old street station. Easy to walk around but not much on the doorstep. The food here was ok, breakfast could be a little dried out as it sat under the heat lamps but there was plenty of it, cereals, coffee and juice, toast etc.

Dinner was ok, I had a burger but I wouldn't recomend them. My colleague had a mixed grill which he enjoyed. There are some very good burger places nearby, in fact I had the best burger ever at Byron which is 10 minutes away.Also its a good bast if your looking to go down Brick lane for a curry too.

Room was clean and I couldn't hear the road. I was on the 5th floor and they go up to 12.

Staff were some of the friendliest I have seen in hotels and was very nice.

All in I would certainly reccomend this as a place to stay but probably not to eat.

Room Tip: Say you want a quiet room and you should get put towards the top of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy the food in our restaurant; your comments are valued and will be used to improve our service.
The team were delighted to hear your positive feedback about them.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Have been to a number of Premier Inn hotels and yet again we had a lovely stay. Staff were friendly and efficient and the room was very nice as usual with the big comfy bed. I think this is the best one for breakfast so far but with no complaints for the others. Plenty food available at all times, good selection for cereals and as mentioned before very nice staff who chatted. Lovely sausages by the way. If I had anything to complain about it would be the cost of wifi. I have paid lots more in various other hotels round the world but I don't understand why hotels charge at all. Free wifi all over the place. However, definitely would return here next time in London.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dpleith
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Premier Inn is constantly evolving to meet our guest’s needs and wishes. We will certainly put your suggestion of free WIFI forward as an idea to further improve our service.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have given this Premier only a "good" as whilst the reception staff and accommodation were up to the customary Premier high standard the same cannot be said of the restaurant.

This Premier was let down by the casual way diners were treated in the restaurant. A bar lady told me where to wait and she went off to find a member of the restaurant staff and returned telling me someone would be along shortly.

After a ten minute wait standing by the entrance the same bar lady spotted me and took me to one of the many empty tables which had been re-laid but not cleaned properly. A waitress was called to see to that.

After another 10 minutes a waiter arrived and took my order but returned in a further ten minutes advising that the main courses was not available. Hastily and before the waiter could depart I placed a new order. The food when it arrived was of acceptable quality for the price charged.

It was 20 minutes after I finished the main course before I was asked if I would like a dessert - perhaps I should not have been surprised when the waitress said that she thought my choice had not been available for the past month "but would just check to be sure". Oddly enough after 10 minutes she returned with my choice!!

What is it about the 10 minute cycle of events? is there a timer in the kitchen or stillroom?

The breakfast experience was excellent with very efficient staff.

I would stay here again as it was close to my destination, however I would not bother to have dinner here again.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 09 on each floor all seem to be by the lift lobby door with the resultant noise as p...
2 Thank jamesfurze
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some detailed feedback.

I was really disappointed when reading about your experience in our restaurant at dinner.

I have taken on board all of your comments and are looking into the issues mentioned.

I am pleased that you would still stay with us again despite the issues you had, and I look forward to welcoming you back.