“Functional and Convenient Location”

Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel
Ranked #165 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Brussels, Belgium
“Functional and Convenient Location”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very functional no frills hotel . Located next to Tube station . Small functional room - very much suited for visitors on a business or personal trip looking for a connvenient place for a good night rest and a morning tea. Good English breakfast spread. Internet is free for 30 min and then charegable and could be free for longer . Helpful energetic and efficient reception. Helpful in mailing my letters for free , A short walk to Curry Leaf - for Indian food - for a fussy vegeterian like me . Had a small issue on incoming local calls but got sorted .

Room Tip: Higher floor Facing out to get to see some moving traffic on the roundabout and get a feel of weath...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Premier Inn London City Old Street.

I was pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and found it convenient for your needs.

I hope that you will choose to stay with Premier Inn again.

Premier Inn London City Old Street.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for one night. Rooms are fresh, modern and functional. The place is well set out and the staff are very helpful, very clean throughout and the breakfast was just fine and plenty of tables even at the busy time. There is a weather spoons 5 min walk away which is just fine as we'll for cheap ale and food.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Anlaby
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Having had an excellent stay in a Premier Inn the previous night in Manchester, this had a lot to live up to however it was equally as good. I arrived around 7.30 pm and was was greeted warmly by Fieona, who quickly allocated my room and showed me to the lifts after giving me all the necessary guest info'.
Because I had some work to do I went straight down for dinner and was welcomed to the restaurant by Pedros who found me a quiet spot to read my book. He explained about a couple of 'specials', which is unusual for a Premier Inn. He took my order and was engaging and friendly. The meal was served and plate taken away by Aidan. I asked him if he knew if the vending machines had sparkling water and he happily went to check. He advised that the vending machine wasn't working but that the bar would serve me a glass of carbonated water at no charge. I didn't have breakfast.
Upon leaving the following morning I was asked; 'How was your stay?' and I could not give any other answer than perfect.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I was pleased to read that we meet your expectations, and you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comments have been passed to the rest of the team.

I hope that you will choose to stay with Premier Inn again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Very clean, comfortable and friendly place to stay. Great breakfast. We were going to a play at the Barbican and it was an easy walk from the hotel. There were plenty of restaurants nearby. We were four adults in our party and we had two adjoining rooms with interconnecting doors so we had the benefit of all being together and having two bathrooms.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I was pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found it convenient for your needs.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Lille, France
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent value for money hotel. Good budget for family of 4. Frendly staff and good breakfast. Good location near the tube of London. Easy to book from internet. quick-check-in via Internet facilitates arrival. It would be perfect value for money if internet were free

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank R F
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your New Years Holiday with us.

I hope that you will choose Premier Inn in the future.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

it is very good hotel near to London tube. all the staff are very friendly. the room was very clean and I don't heard the noise outside that most of people mention to it before I stayed in the hotel. I really enjoyed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Premier Inn London City Old Street.

I was pleased that you had a peaceful and enjoyable stay with.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Bristol
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Visited for a 3 night stay at Christmas. Room was huge, we actually felt a bit lost in it. However, it was clean and tidy, if a bit minimalist. First night was noisy to say the least as we were on the firt floor looking straight out over the next door student accommodation - wouldn't recommend the first floor for a Friday night.
Our room got cleaned once, they seemed to miss it completely the second night so no tea or biscuits in the morning, but hey, it was a cheap room in a cheap hotel so we didn't complain. Would stay here again but would avoid staying anywhere on the first couple of floors in ear shot of the student accommodation.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher level above the student 'noise' next door.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank justoff

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies that your room was not serviced on one of the days. If you do stay with us again, please contact the reception directly after making your booking and they can place a request for a high floor/ quieter room. We cannot always guarantee requests, however the receptionist will always do their best to accommodate your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back.