“Great value”

Ranked #168 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as it was good value and walking distance to where I was attending a course.
I stayed 5 nights. Room quiet - other than the fireworks to celebrate Chinese New Year!
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Nice restaurant. Seems to be very new and very well cleaned.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pauline T
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us during your five days in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Duty Manager
Premier Inn London City Old Street.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights while he had to go into his London office for a few days during our vacation so this was paid for and chosen by his company. So we normally would not have stayed in this area (usually choose a more boutique/expensive hotel in Notting Hill) but our stay was surprisingly very good and one of the better hotel/Inn experiences we've had in London! For one, the staff is really nice and will do whatever they can in their power to accommodate you. They gave us extra towels, brought up and ironing board, let me me stay in the room about 15 mins past when we were supposed to check out and stored our luggage for the good portion of a day without a fee. We didn't feel nickle and dimed like we have when we've stayed at 4 or 5 star hotels.
Our room was clean and comfortable and larger than most rooms are in London with plenty of room for our bags and counter space for toiletries. Shower was hot and water pressure was good (another thing that usually stinks in hotels). Toiletries were just a pump in the shower with combo shampoo/conditioner/bodywash but who cares? I always bring my own anyway!
I also liked that the halls were quiet and there was little to no noise outside our room, even when housekeeping was coming around which was nice and allowed late slumbers.
The only negative would be that the bed was quite firm, I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable because some people like it like this (including myself) but my boyfriend likes a softer bed and he didn't sleep very well.
All in all we had a nice stay and no complaints really but probably would not stay here again due to the area which is kind of boring and not alot of nice restaurants to go to at night. Tube station is just around the corner though!

Room Tip: They are doing some construction behind the building so make sure you don't get a room that face...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CCurtis2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised with your first stay with Premier Inn.

Your comments regarding our staff, service, room size and showers were greatly appreciated, as it always helpful to hear how we measure up to our competitors.

In regards to our beds, and in the event that you choose to stay with us in the future, If your partner feels the bed is too hard for him, we are more than happy to provide an extra duvet to add a little extra softness. As well as this you will always have the reassurance of our 'Good Night Guarantee' which is Premier Inn no quibble money back guarantee if your unhappy with your stay.

I hope that you would reconsider staying with Premier Inn again, and although you were not too fond of our old street location, Premier Inn has over 600 hotels in various locations around the UK.

Duty Manager
Premier Inn London City Old Street.
Manchester
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. As premier inns go it's fairly standard. Rooms are clean and maintained. Never going to be the Ritz but you know what your going to get.

I would be against staying here again.

As with all budget hotels the walls are fairly thin so if you get someone noisy next door your in trouble but thankfully I didn't.

Restaurant was decent with some fairly good food and good offers.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank liamnuttall
PiOldstreet, Duty Manager at Premier Inn London City (Old Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased that we delivered what you expected. But disappointed that you would be against staying here again. As you know we are a budget hotel. However we strive to deliver clean comfortable affordable rooms by people who care. If we do not deliver our promise of a great night sleep guaranteed then we offer you your money back.

I hope that this may sway your decision to stay with us in the future

Paris, France
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Friendly, clean, good view from the upper floors. 2 minutes walk from the tube station. Very convenient if you arrive at St. Pancras station. Great for a family because children have a free breakfast. I can recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KarinaP B

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found it convenient for your needs. As you said our premier breakfast is a fantastic deal, of all you can eat buffet, where children under 15yrs eat for free. Just what you need to set you up for a long day out in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a Premier Inn soon.

Leicester, UK
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is a fairly new Prem - I believe - so it was fresh, tidy, clean and comfortable as you would expect. Great location and for two nights we felt it was very good value for the area. No complaints – recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank puffpod

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Premier Inn Old Street recently passed its second year of being open, and the staff work hard to maintain it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to a Premier Inn soon.

Koksijde
Reviewed 20 January 2014

a very good surprise indeed as the bedroom was extremely comfortable at a reasonable price; not a trendy hotel but a good sleeping place; a location in a not so blinking area but at walking distance of the City and hype Shoredidtch

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Premier Inn London City Old Street for your recent visit to London.
I was pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised with our rooms, and cost.

I hope that you will choose to stay with Premier Inn again.

England
Reviewed 17 January 2014

If i can I always stay at the Premier Inns whether it be for business or a short leisurely stay/city visit. How they always get it right is beyond me but they do, unlike other chains, and that is all that matters to me.

When i stay away i need three things to make me happy - A clean, quiet room/A comfy bed/A powerful shower! All of which i always get at the PI plus tea/coffee making facilities and a restaurant downstairs.

This time it was for my Birthday and my sister came to visit. We spent the weekend in London and after having run around all day it was great to come back toour room, have a hot, strong shower, a cuppa and settle down in those ever so comfy beds.
I actually suffer from back pain, but when i slept in their beds i woke up for the first time in a long time pain free. I have since chased down their mattress manufacturer!

Always a winner, no complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up will be the quietest because the lower down you are, the closer the roadnoise will b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelteamUK
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some great feedback.

It was fantastic to hear that you have had consistent great service from premier inns, and enjoyed your stay at Old Street.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to one of our hotels and comfy Hypnos beds.